Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

3D Boat-Sailin' and Treasure Hunting Game Starring Izil!

A topic by Mr. Thee created Mar 23, 2021 Views: 295 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Submitted (5 edits)

Howdy! This is Mr. Thee, and I'm working w/ Wiens234 to put together a cute lil 3d nautical adventure starring the precious owl-pirate, Izil!

Featuring:

Sailing!

And maybe... a little bit of flying?

Seems functional enough. Maybe need to nerf/restrict it.

My general approach to this was to prototype basic mechanics and see if a game could be designed around them.

Most recently, I opted to ad a treasure/object-carrying mechanic. How much of this we'll actually end up using is still up-in-the-air.

Up next on the TODO list: get some UI assets ready ( '3'). Ta-ta~

Submitted

Love it!

Submitted

Love the progress done on this, looks neat to explore islands via gliding. Can foresee a lot of potential to jumping off the tip of your ship and using the verticality to make last ditch effort landings.

Submitted (1 edit)

When making some base actions, there's sometimes fun to be had in expanding that to other play spaces.

For instance, a mechanic as mundane as "pick up" and "put down" can be reserved for more things than treasure transport.

Such as: ammo transport!

Just be mindful of how much more work each slight feature-expansion may bring to the table. In this case, I had to get some logic for cannon controls + articulation up and running those this proof of concept.

TODO: create an explosion, and maybe some NPCs.