SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Leave a comment here if you enjoyed making your game for this jam

A topic by Adivteya created Sep 11, 2021 Views: 331 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Submitted(+1)

Hey everyone,

As the jam is about to end soon, I was just eager to know how many of you have enjoyed making your game for Brackey's game jam! Feel free to comment down your thoughts and your experiences.

Do let me know :D

Submitted(+1)

It was an amazing experience that helped me to learn a lot about game design. Also, I had a lot of fun reading people鈥檚 comments and seeing what they think of my game. Looking forward to the next one!

Submitted(+1)

Hey, 

That's great to hear that you enjoyed making your game :)

Good luck, for the next game jam :)

Keep Developing!

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

I enjoyed it, exhausting but interesting experience, a lot of emotions.

I've seen friendly people, opened for critique, dishonest people - voting on games they didn't play, talented people with their innovative ideas, enthusiastic people with their more or less polished works.

I learned you really need to do some marketing to get your game noticed.

I learned how to make 3D game with blender and how to use vector graphics. 

I discussed games with people who are actually interested.

I made a game and some people actually played and gave me some feedback.

I learned a great humility lesson after the results were in and feel great about my result now (after I went through all the stages of grief).

What I didn't like was the rules. The reviews could be falsely positive, making people prone to leave positive return rating. People could even get 20 positive ratings by simply complimenting games they didn't play! But I don't think you can do much against human dishonesty, and it's a good place to learn about it before you start some indie gamedev endevour. Life is brutal!

I will eventually take part in another jam, but now I have to seriously rest for a while :D

Thank you all!

Submitted(+1)

I want put my signature to everything you said.

I am glad that I participated - I learned a lot as a 3D graphic designer. I am glad I could see how tough is to get a good evaluation. Also, I was shocked how much people who were making games were crying to get some review, and how many dishonest people rated games that they didn't play (e.g. "This game is great! The sound is amazing!" - in the game at which authors themselves apologize for not including any sounds at all). Of course that the "top games" that won aren't top. It's life. I am disappointed that we got low evaluation but I am not discouraged from making games at all. This was a very good experience.

Submitted(+1)

I had a lot of fun, but not so much sleep 馃槄

Definately learned a lot on what I should focus and what aspects I should give more time. I put in a lot of effort into animating everything and putting in a lot of variety. Sound design and game balancing for all kinds of players is really hard and I tweaked some things after the jam that would've taken me maybe 2h. But because i wanted to fullfill my bucketlist of features I ended up creating a finished product, but It couldve been more fun If I focused more on playtesting and early feedback.