Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

No time for development. Won't be submitting anything...

A topic by The_Oinkifier created Aug 28, 2021 Views: 200 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 3

School and exercises got in the way. On top of that, the Tilemap system in Unity is trash, and I couldn't implement my gameplay-crucial algorithm using it, nor could I create my own, custom Tilemap as the Grid class  I already have written despawns every time I exit play mode. This is why I could not progress.

In any case, I have certainly learnt a lot about the fundamentals of Unity, including custom Editor code and ScriptableObjects. So, it's fine I guess.

P.S.

Despite all the above, I haven't been able to create a substitute for the Tilemap for the entire week and it's still freaking me out.

Maybe I'll post a completed version a great deal of time after the jam has ended, as the idea I came up with was so great.

Hi, just wondering, did you need help with the tilemap algorithim you mentioned? I'm not sure if I have to expertise to make it work, but I'm sure someone out there has made the tutorial or video you need that's out there just floating around the internet, just look around, I'm sure you'll find it. (Trust me, there is literally at least a unity forum for everything, and even if you really can't find it, just ask for help here, or on the unity forum, someone almost always responds and they usually have a solution too.) and btw, what are you trying to do specifically? I can't help with the algorithim if I don't know what it does.

Lucky me, I just find exactly the right tutorial video I need on YouTube. Now to complete the game in 1 hour!!

also, sorry if this post if a little late, but I hope it still helps anyways