Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Welcome to Blossom VN Jam 2023! Sticky

A topic by Delphinium Interactive created Jan 05, 2023 Views: 674 Replies: 15
Viewing posts 1 to 6
Host (1 edit) (+1)

Welcome to the Blossom VN Jam community! 

My name is Sam (she/her), and I am the creator/host of Blossom VN Jam 2023. 

If you have any questions, just ask away! I'm happy to help however I can. 

Please don鈥檛 hesitate to join the conversation, start your own topics, and begin recruiting teammates.

(+1)

Thanks for putting this on! I was wondering...are you or anyone at Delphinium planning to record/stream playing through the submissions? Or is it more of a pool for everyone to see the submissions and play whichever they want?

Host

Thank you for the great question! Although I plan to play every submission, I won鈥檛 be streaming and there鈥檚 no official judging or anything.

Everyone can play submissions (some may be adult-only/nsfw) and I鈥檓 sure many creators would love to see their projects streamed.

Thank you for hosting this jam! Can I ask if fanworks are allowed as submissions?

Host

Hi, thank you for your question! The short answer is yes, but there are rules. 

It's fine as long as you're not violating any copyright laws. For example; if you don't own the IP, don't steal assets from the source material.

Hello! This looks like a beautiful jam!

I think the jam would be perfect for continuing our NaNo project "Wish List" (since for that jam, we're only able to release a demo). But I want to make sure that it fits! The novel does feature a budding romance (friends to lovers) and actually happens during springtime (despite they do go to the beach in a couple scenes...it's rainy though haha). It is also about healing, since the story revolves around last moments with someone who is terminally ill and coming to accept and cherish those moments--sort of like how fleeting spring blossoms can be. Would a VN like this be okay to submit to Blossom VN Jam? 

Host

Absolutely! You are more than welcome to join Blossom Jam :)

Thank you for responding so quickly! We are excited to finish our project here ^^

One more question... would we be allowed to use the jam's logo in our game's end credits?

Host

I will ask the artist and get back to you :)

Awesome, thanks!

hey, i was wondering if we can make mention of yandere/blood or murder as long its not graphic and without too  much detail ?

Host

That's fine!

okay thanks :D

I have a quick question -- would it be OK to submit a game page without a download before the deadline, as I will be uploading our demo on the 15th (I had made a mistake in thinking it ended on the 15th in my timezone--it says 14th at 9PM for me), and I have access to better Internet anyway on Monday. Would this be alright? If not, I also understand. Thank you ^^

Host

That is fine :) thank you for participating!

Okay thank you so much!! I'll submit the page tomorrow, and the actual download release will be online bright and early the following day!