SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Need your review for my art

A topic by Shurooq Juma created Feb 03, 2021 Views: 92 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Submitted

Hello everyone!

I am programmer by nature but I decided to focus on other aspects of game design during this game jam.

That includes upping my graphics game and attempting to make my own sound effects for the first time.

I need your feedback and tips to further improve those skills.

Thank you!

You can find my game on:

https://itch.io/jam/blackthornprod-game-jam-3/rate/899589

Submitted

The game is really polished! The bird particle is nice and the sound effect are cute. The art is really good! And it fits the game nicely. But I think animations could use a bit of work. I know that sprite based animation are very time consuming and difficult to get right, so maybe try Rig animation? But still its really cool game! I am really impressed, I wouldnt say you are programmer by nature, the art looks so proffesional!

Submitted

Hey, cute game, cute art style. Overall I think you did a great job of the art and sound. Regarding feedback on art, the things that stand out to me would be:

- If you're going to use outlines on your art (normally a good choice), they should be a consistent size across all your sprites. Keeps your sprites looking like they're one consistent group, and not looking like a hodge podge collection (though yours aren't nearly that bad).

- The wood texture is a bit strong, it cuts into the readability of the text above it a bit. Tone back the darker lines a little and it'd be fine.

- The pale creamy coloured outline on some of the things gets lost a little in the sky blue background. I think the brown you use as the outline for most of your sprites would make a better choice.

Overall though, something to be proud of. I think, if you weren't confident of your work before this, you should leave this jam confident you've got it in the future. I'm a real fan of these colours, though I want to see more of the teal in your logo used as well. There are some little nuances around shadows and shading that are a step above. And as a whole, the overall style makes a great package.

I think more programmers (myself included) should make the effort to better their art and sound prod skills. So well done.