Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Not sure if I can join but I love the idea of this jam!

A topic by cat created Jul 10, 2022 Views: 45 Replies: 1
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted(+1)

Like I said in the title, I鈥檓 really not sure if I can join. You see, I鈥檝e never made any TTRPGs before, and I鈥檇 never even considered a game jam up until recently I took part in one that was more focused on computer/video games. I stumbled upon this jam and I thought it seemed absolutely wonderful 馃ズ

Currently I have a few ideas, but I鈥檓 not sure how well they鈥檙e going to translate to a game, nor am I sure if it鈥檚 going to be good enough to be considered. The idea I鈥檝e brainstormed/worked on the most is a flexible game/tool that uses music to develop a character, that could be used in any other game or even just a story. 

Do you reckon I鈥檇 be able to make such a game with like only a day left? And are there any requirements or expectations as to what the game should look like? Thank you in advance! 馃挏

HostSubmitted

Oh my goodness Cat, thank you so much for saying so! I see you've submitted something, and I think that's incredible!

I apologize for not getting to you sooner (in fact, I've pretty much disappeared from this whole jam, which is disappointing because I was so excited to launch it!). I was going to tell you that late entries are 100% accepted, so if you wanted more time it would be totally okay :D But you did it anyway, you made it! I'm actually finishing a game myself right now lol whoops.

The offer stands, though: if you want to take some time to make something else and enter it, feel free. Or if you want to update your game after it's entered, also feel free! The only downer would be that it might get rated before then if already submitted, or might get rated fewer times if entered late since it means fewer days for people to rate it.

This is all for fun, and even though the entries are rated, I really want that to be more about celebration, not winning. We're all winners for doing our best (or even just doing what we can with the remaining energy we have after a rough day/week/month/year/decade lol).

Also, more specifically: tools, pieces for other games, etc are 100% acceptable, and I LOVE the idea of using music to develop a character!