Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Need More Time As Always? Sticky

A topic by Attachment Studios created Jun 19, 2021 Views: 113 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Host (1 edit) (-4)

Making games is hilariously, yes, "hilariously", easy to make unless you are complicating yourself with useless and unnecessary stuff. However anyone can overcome that. The main problem is, well, "Timing"? I don't know if it's a correct reason to same if a quality of a large game to become bad is time, for small games, not a problem, for large games, I know, 6 Months might not be even enough. We also have some examples like, nevermind I forgot, that might be because the game devs are epic, this does not include app devs tho. Hence if anyone wants, delays can be done, not necessary tho... Comment your opinion, if yes then say time limit to increases, but remember we still have 2 weeks when this post was released. Your response will be counted till 3 days before jam, or maybe if amount of games is still comparatively very less assuming only teams are working like 4 members. In that case, extension would be there for sure.

:D

(+3)

Please explain why making a game is hilariously easy. If you could define what you mean by “game” and “easy” that would be great.

Also why is app development different from game development?

Host(-1)

1. Agreed You Get A Point. But I Guess That's My Personal Opinion, That Is The Process Is Funny, Errors Not Being Fixed, 404 Files, Library Failures, Stare At The Screen Problem, Funny Graphics, Weird Code, etc. I Consider Those "Hilarious" Because They Are Due To Very Small Things. In Case Things Are Going Right, Either You Are A Really Good Programmer, Who Don't Exist, So It's Not Less Than A Joke, Or Your Code Is Meant To Be Said "Hello, World", Or You Are Using Easy Game, Or Easy Project. And So Yet It Is Hilarious. Now Other Than New Developers, It Is Easy, Except If They Scratch, Easy For Them As Well. Gradually Programmers Become Good At Coding. Then They See Things As Easy, Plus Getting Those Errors Is Funny For Them. (Note Although It Is Funny And They Smile, They Also Feel Like, "I'm The Greatest Of The Greatest, Beaten By A Missing Semicolon.")

2. I Guess "Easy" Is Now Defined, Also "Hilariously", Therefore I Get 2 Points. For "Game" It Is A Source Of Entertainment Which May Or May Not Be Used As An Utility, May Or May Not Steal Data From The User/"Player".

3. You Guessed It Right, I Get A Point Again. A Game Is For Entertainment And An App Is For Fulfilling Some Purpose. As A Person Living In 2021, Should Know This.

4. I Got Another Point. Plus 2 More, I Explained It All.

Removed 1 Point For This Annoying Upper Case Starting Of Words. Hence I Win At 5 Points And You Get 1. Don't Be Sad. You Got Your Answers So I Give You 4 Points And Now We Tied At 5.

:D