Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Advice on my game Ooblek

A topic by Jahju created 30 days ago Views: 80 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted

for those of you who played, Do you think it would be worth expanding the game for a steam release priced  at $1.99.  finished game would include 3 worlds, new enemy and player mechanics,  polish n speedrun timer.  a problem a lot of players faced was the unfair onslaught of rng type enemies so i would want to push the game more puzzly / little nightmares esque. I wanted to hear your thoughts before I invest a month or two. 

Submitted

I thought the game was very pretty, but the player controller felt like a chore to control, and the level design was a little flat. Would love to be able to bounce around on enemies! This felt like it was a game made for bouncing around stuff, maybe it's due to the enemy shooting projectiles at you pushing you forward. I really liked that thing!

I think with a bit more freedom on the player controller it would be very fun !

Submitted

Thanks for the advice ! i found that a lot of people felt similar about the sluggishness of the player, i wanted the player to feel powerless to push the game more into the horror genre but i think i ended up taking to much control out the players hand resulting in less fun gameplay. im gonna take a crack at making the ooblek more trampoline like, and less quicksand.