SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Contacting Famicase Artists For Permission

A topic by Hangedman created Jun 02, 2016 Views: 1,300 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 5
Submitted (4 edits)

Hello!
I've been in Famicase for a couple years, and even though the spirit of the thing is to make nonexistent games, I've been having fun using it as a proving ground for my cart dreams of my actual games.

Because of that, I've always asked other artists whether their carts were okay to use for AGBIC. I recommend you do the same, and if they have any restrictions, post them here so other folks know. If anyone needs help finding/communicating with an artist, I know a bit of Japanese and would be happy to help.

For example: all three of these are games in progress. But you can totally still take inspiration from the carts, run with the style and the idea, but the name and such might actually be in use, so be conscientious :D

Host

This is a really good idea and I agree, it's always best to ask the artist's permission first (even though that might be impossible with some of the Famicase submissions because of pseudonyms, artists that don't want to be contacted, etc).

Thanks for the heads-up, Hangedman. Good idea!

Submitted

What is the best way to contact an artist? I couldn't find anything.

Submitted

Your best bet to contact the artist is to get the name from the famicase page, just below the title of the cart, to the left of the /, and then search for it on google/twitter/pixiv.
If you post the one you need, i can try to help you find it.

Submitted

http://famicase.com/16/softs/56.html

I have searched. Also apperantly we are from the same country but the name on the page dont make sense in Turkish. Probably nickname-ish.