Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Some more information?

A topic by Agecaf created Feb 27, 2017 Views: 259 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 4

Buenos días,

I'd love to know a bit more on the details around the screen...

• What are the dimensions of the screen, room, and the distance (or expected distance) of the player from the screen? Knowing this could help some of us attempt to use visual illusions.
  • Will there be sound available? Depending on this we could try to craft audiovisual or purely visual experiences.
  • How are the physical controls? I'm thinking of using the arrow keys, but I'd only be using two of them, which could allow me to use the other two for a second player. That would depend on whether having two players share controls would be cumbersome or not.
Gracias,

Agecaf

Hi Agecaf,

I'd assume the screen is the one depicted in the Header of the Jam Page.
Check it out. There you can also see the player distance and the space/controll abilities :)

Regards,
Timb9o

(1 edit)

El tamaño es así, creo yo, por que en el lugar del CCD hay una pantalla de ese tamaño, tamaño familiar, es la misma que aparece en la página principal del JAM, los controles son limitados, por que, por lo que he visto solo hay unos poste en el centro de ella, donde hay 4 botones nada mas, igual y le pusieron un USB para conectar un control, pero este no lo he visto XD.

No creo haya mas de 1 jugador por lo mismo, pero eso ya lo contestaran los del lugar.

Y si hay sonido, ambiental, así que es regular.

Submitted

4 botones? por eso pedían las flechas del teclado? Uchala !!!, yo ya hice un juego que usa mouse, je je je

Thanks for your replies.

I was wondering too if there was any indication of the browser used. I'll be designing specifically with Chrome and Firefox in mind, with a high likelihood of it not working in IE. If that's any problem... then oh well. It would be great to know which browser will be used in any case, or if there is any flexibility on which browser is used.