SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Portlligat

A topic by Seilburg created Mar 06, 2021 Views: 119 Replies: 1
Viewing posts 1 to 2
(1 edit)

Amici, Romans...!

Voxelate and I, Seilburg, are delighted to announce our entry for the 2021 7DRL contest:

Portlligat
A Dalí-esque post-apocalyptic survival-exploration roguelike

In Portllegat you can expect to:
• Delve into a psychoanalytic worldscape influenced by the sights, colours, and themes of (in)famous artist Salvador Dalí;
• Craft items out of junk, or magical scraps of godtech, you know, whichever;
• Spend time running and hiding from things you don't understand;
• Refute fantasy or lose yourself to your hidden desires;
• Progress your character by levelling-up your skills as you use them;
• Wander the wilderness looking at funny shaped rocks;
• Die;
and explore!

And you will be able to save your game! In a 7DRL. It is possible.

This game unintentionally focuses on some of the themes we hoped to explore in Slumber, our 2020 entry, but sadly were unable to focus on. We will be devblogging our progress on Portlligat's game page, so I hope you can check it out! Happy rogue-ing!

(crossposted from the devlog)

Day 0

An hour in and so far we've written a blurb, and accidentally rm -rf'd an empty git repository!

We are far better prepared this time, both with tools and design, and this will be a unique RL which I'm excited. Details will leak out over the week. And yet the very lengthy design doc seems to leave us needing to make most decisions as we go.

For this game we will once again be using Godot, as we did for Slumber. Some code will be reused from the previous game, plus other preexisting utility code, in particular Schemat, an ontology language and inference framework I've been working on to help describe properties and interactions between objects -- still completely nonfunctional, and written in the wrong programming language! More on that later.

Good luck to all!