Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

FAQ Sticky

A topic by Undead Avian Publishing created Sep 01, 2021 Views: 219 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Host (2 edits)

Any questions you may have about the jam or any rules that seem unclear, please ask them here!

Q: If I commission a judge for some assets (art, music, plugins, etc) do I forfeit any prizes?
A: No. If the judge is ONLY being commissioned to provide assets and is NOT actively working on the script (writing) for your project OR is a member of your team, then it's considered the same as purchasing assets from a storefront. The category is judged on the USAGE of the assets, not their QUALITY.

Q: Can I include you or your Hawk in my game?
A: Yes! I'd be flattered. You have 100% permission to use my likeness or use my HawkZombie avatar. But please refrain from including my family members (making ones up is fine, though!). Also, please do not include my original characters from my games or novels without permission. 

Host

Q: If my game is too big, what should I do?

A: Itch.io only allows 1GB of compressed game data (and 30GB uncompressed, I believe) to be uploaded without contacting support. If support isn't bale to get back to you in time, then you CAN upload it as an external file.

Just click that link and follow the prompts. Files hosted on other sites are allowed.

Host

Q: How will judging be handled?

A: After the submission period is over, Hawk will post a new thread on the board explaining the process for everyone.