Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Question: Continue a project already started

A topic by CreativaGS created Sep 04, 2022 Views: 55 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 3
(1 edit)

I have a project that participated in the  44 day summer 2022: Chronicles. I was thinking to use the world map and mechanics already inserted there, but with an entirely new sidequest, so this means i have to work twice because the story already in chronicles should be mixed with this, but from a different approach, with it's own story and quests.
what am i asking for this?
Well i think it will lead me to a bigger and better game, instead short unfinished games, and have continuity on the same main story and that way i will continue developing this world story, folklore, legends and heroes.

Game jam rules are:

- You can only start working on the actual game project after the submission period starts, but you can start planning and creating/gathering assets, plugins and other resources before that time. > Well as this is an entirely new approach i already have the resources and assets and i should create new ones when needed, but there was no planning ahead, in fact the theme was the one that gave me this idea of separate stories inside a big game.

- You can use whatever assets, resources and scripts/plugins you want, so long as you have the rights to use them, abide by their Terms of Use and give credit. >I already have the assets, resources, scripts, plugins and main data. I think in-game mechanics also fits here.

- Your game must be made in an RPG Maker engine (2000, 2003, XP, VX, VX Ace, MV, MZ). > No problem here

- Abide by the EULA of whichever version of RPG Maker you use to make your game. > No problem here

- Your game must incorporate the Theme in some way, > Side story is about the theme and the bonus challenges will be incorporated.

- Abide by itch.io's Terms of Service.> No problem here

I will wait for the confirmation to keep on working on it before starting a completely new project.

Host

Hello, I know I'm way too late with my response, but it has to be a new game that's able to be played standalone.

You can merge the games after the jam.

Oops... I hope to have something playable by the end of the jam.