Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Jam Idea: My Identical Cousin

A topic by FrivYeti created Sep 04, 2019 Views: 202 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Submitted

Okay, I'm sort of brainstorming out loud here. Other people definitely seem to be going for some intriguing, thoughtful, and suspenseful options in the conversation, so I'm going the opposite route.

It's a standard fantasy dungeon crawl, with characters who only have 1 HP, and every time you die, you bring in a "brand new" character who is clearly just the original character with a single feature changed, and give an unconvincing explanation for how they got this far alone to join the party. 

The game continues until the final boss is defeated or until players run out of ideas for ludicrous twins, clones, cousins, children, people with fake beards, etc. 

Submitted

I think this has a great opportunity for a comedic game, the dungeon crawling is the backdrop for the absurd justifications for all of the knock-offs - I could see a "I'll save you!" mechanic where players can have their character take the blow for another players so the other player's concept may survive, but you get to create a new jokey knock-off.

Submitted

That's a great protect system, yeah! I'm going to toss it into the mix. :) 

Submitted(+1)

I've set my game to $3 now that the jam is over, but if you participated in the jam and didn't get a chance to download it, let me know and I'll toss you a copy for free.