Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Banning for no reason?

A topic by Vex0n created Nov 17, 2023 Views: 253 Replies: 20
Viewing posts 1 to 5
Submitted

Hey, I am participating in game jam and I downloaded game that was submitted by someone after 3 hours after game jam started. I said on discord that this game is nice for 3 hours of creating and i got banned for being suspicious?

How can I participate in game jams if I got banned for no reason? Being just kind to other creators? Can I get in touch with someone who is moderating here, because I can't even talk to anyone from discord server at the moment - Nickname:  Vexon

Submitted

I can understand that you are aware of "Virus" because somebody uploaded only .exe file but why am I getting banned from discord server for his game? I am participating with my team and we didn't broke any rule. Just got kicked out without any word

Host

Yeah, we can talk about it. I'll post suggestions on how we can sort this out!

Sorry if that was a mistake. But many people are on the discord, we have to stay prudent.

If you have a team participating, have them post messages here, that will help.

Submitted (1 edit)

I can even talk on discord right now to prove my point. I am just a participant. My account is "our submission".  I added you on discord to talk (Voice/text) about the whole situation. (And I am not connected or familiar with the guy who submitted a game)

Host

We can continue here for now. What engine are you making your game with?

Submitted

On Unity. We are group of University students and we wanted to participate in our first game jam

Host

I see. Well, if you can to make a web version of your game I guess it's ok!

Submitted

I will and i will post it in time (9 days). I am just curious why i got banned from a discord server and can i get unbanned. I would like to be in community with other creators. This suspicious game was not my submission. I commented it's nice, because i downloaded it, scanned and played for 3 minutes. After playing i deleted the game from my pc, because i didn't need it anymore. I think it doesn't break any rule of the jam

So it was true that i couldn't send you a screenshot, because game was so short that I deleted it from my pc before you even asked

Host

I think you can admit that the whole scene can look very suspicious from outside. But if you plan to deliver a web game, there's not much risk involved. I'll unban you, sorry for that.

In the future I may add a "web games only" rule. That will prevent those kind of accidents :p

Submitted

Its not a virus, i just like to make small games under 6 hours, i dont want to hack someone or break someone's computer, else if my game was a virus the itch.io admins should have deleted it 10 times

Host

Sadly I've recently seen a virus game who stayed on itch for several days and made a lot of harm. Itch admins can't do anything about it.

Submitted

And besides, i am new to this jams, so if you scared from how i made a game under 4 hours and you called it a virus, thats not my problem. Just check my game by virustotal or some antiviruses

just make a webgl game smh

Submitted

i dont know what is that

look it up it will help you!

Submitted

my games is not 3d and i like to use some other game engines

you can use on 2D too and you can use a huge variety of webgl supported engines 

Submitted(+2)

oh mkay i will try it sometimes

Host

Yeah, I'm sorry for that if you didn't make anything bad. But please understand that exe files are a weapon of severe destruction now. Well, they always have been, but it's a severe menace on discord these days.

Submitted

I understood it but can you get me unbanned from discord gamejam server

Host

Done!