- I experienced an odd issue with the volume where some sound effects was not effected by lowering the volume slider. During a session I lowered the volume since I was playing with headphones on and some of the voice over was loud despite the sound effects volume set low. Can't seem to reproduce this issue with the TV speakers as default audio output.
- Minos is always performing the side dodge maneuver on both analog stick and D-pad during flight, regardless of how far I tilt the stick and always occurs when I did not double tap the stick or D-pad despite what the in-game instructions says.
- Cannot find a way to remap controls on keyboard or controller in the game at all or in the Unity launcher. The default keyboard set-up that carried over from the Windows Store version is also very awkward.
- Pressing Alt+Tab sometimes causes the game's interface and HUD to disappear when paused or during gameplay upon task switching from the game window and back to the game when in fullscreen.
- UPDATE: Due to the inability to remap controls on controller, certain DirectInput controllers such as the Logitech DualAction have buttons in the wrong places compared to XInput controllers (e.g. Fire being mapped to Y instead of X).
- UPDATE 2: What happened to the difficulty options from the Windows Store version? They're all missing in this re-release.
- UPDATE 3: Y-axis inversion for the flight sections is missing in this version whereas the previous Windows Store version had this option.
- Allow for manual side dodging with triggers or shoulder buttons during flight sections for consistency as the beat 'em up sections have this in this re-release as well as ExZeus 1 for the PlayStation 2.
- [F2P ver.] Less reminders of the Instant Continues as this feels like it breaks the pace of the game in-between stages.
- Sensitivity option for analog movement as the Windows Store version of ExZeus 2 (sort of) had this but wasn't particularly designed for controllers and this would be beneficial for this new PC version.
- The ability to launch the game without the Unity Launcher (unless there's a way to do that and I may not be aware of that with Unity-developed games) or exiting the game back to desktop without having to use Alt+F4 considering this game maybe released Steam and players may play the game through Steam Big Picture which is controller-focused, plus it would be more convenient for those that wish to play the game with the controller.
So far I'm having mindless fun revisting this game since I last played ExZeus 2 when I played the Windows 8 version about a year ago and I'm liking some of the visual improvements added to this version, however I'm baffled with some of the missing features with this release (e.g. no difficulty options, no Y-axis inversion for the flight sections, lacking sensitivity options for analog controls) I wouldn't mind picking up the full premium version on itch.io/Humble Store/Steam and hoping ExZeus Arcade, the updated version of ExZeus 1 from the arcades and PlayStation 2/Wii, arrives on PCs as well.