My name is Matthew Dear, I am a sound designer, composer, audio implementor and dialogue specialist. I've been creating in-your-face, highly varied audio assets for the past three years.
Here are a few points about me:
- I run a pro-quality home studio; capable of both realistic, high quality recordings and far-out conceptual effects/ambiences.
- I've been playing and composing music for 12 years, covering a wide variety of styles.
- You can view my Soundtrack, SFX and dialogue portfolios via my website
- I occasionally work as a freelance dialog editor & engineer at OMUK's London studio. OMUK are a London-based dialogue studio, working with AAA developers from around the world.
- I am experienced in audio implementation using Wwise and FMOD. I completed an online course using Wwise audio implementation software in 2015, graduating with an A. I've since used this knowledge to program my own audio systems.
Some examples of my previous work:
Heart Forth Alicia - Side-scroller RPG - SFX in collaboration with developer Alonso Martin
Unknown Fate - Upcoming first-person puzzle/exporation - SFX & sound design
Folk Tale - RTS RPG - SFX
Sakura Dungeon - Dungeon crawler RPG - SFX
Rising Legends - Retro side-scrolling beat'em'
Clicker Guild - Steam game - SFX
Current Work Includes - Heart Forth, Alicia (PC, Xbox One, Ps4, Wii U), Medikidz (Multi-platform, SFX & Music), Folk Tale (PC, SFX), Unknown Fate (PC, Mac, Xbox One, PS4, Switch - Sound Design)
You can see more of my audio-video demos here:
Please get in touch if you like what you hear, I'm always looking for exciting new projects!
My rates are indie-friendly, and I am willing to work for rev-share if the project is right.