Our March build moves Sure Footing over to version 0.94 as we introduce a host of new features, improvements, upgrades and revamps. We're really happy that these changes are finally making their way into the game after spending months on some of these behind the scenes.
- Leaderboards: Players can now see the top scores both on a new leaderboard screen and on game over.
- Cutscene Skipping: Hold the Jump key during the cutscene to skip straight to gameplay.
- Voices! Pete, Polly, Blip and Plunk now cheer and panic as they run through Computra. Not to mention Dave too!
- New Music: We have a new soundtrack for when you visit K-SAN, Pixeley and LAN_DN. Plus we made some improvements to the title screen and Cacheville tracks.
UPDATES & IMPROVEMENTS:
- Revamped UI: We completed revamping our UI system, including Pause, Options, Game Over and the Pop-Up UI. Plus some extra improvements to the Power-Up selection and info screens.
- SFX: New sound effects have been added to core gameplay.
- Collision Improvements: General improvements to player collision detection and response.
- Pixeley Mutator: Not only is it snowing in Pixeley, it's now foggy too!
- Removed a bug where the incorrect sound FX were being used in the character select screen.
- Removed a bug where Deletion Dave would not recognise he was being hit by rewrite/blue crates.
- Removed a bug in the JumpGood buff that would negatively impact the game's performance after the player died.
- Removed a bug where the DeletionBuffer would fail to apply to the player and negatively impact the game's performance after the player died.
- Removed a bug where a selected Buff would not be applied to the player after a restart of the survival mode.
- Removed a bug where collisions with invisible roofing was occurring.
- Removed a bug where the player could no longer collect MIPS or hit crates after a successful teleport.
- Removed a bug where teleporting would fail and result in odd behaviour by the player character.
- Removed a bug where the cherry blossoms in K-SAN were blowing in the wrong direction.
- Removed a bug where the first option in the options menu would not appear to be highlighted.
- Removed a bug where menu sounds could be heard when pressing keys during play.
- Removed a bug where players could accidentally get stuck in 'Zig-Zag' platforms when jumping whilst underneath them.
- Removed a bug where the Crate Shock power-up would appear in a slightly incorrect position in the power-up UI screen.
- Removed a bug where Polly's plinth in character select was not lined up with the others.
- Removed a bug where Plunk's base skin would - on reboot - dress him in his French outfit (which we haven't put in the build yet, that's embarrassing).
This is first phase of a suite of new features being added to the game that we've been working on behind the scenes. You can expect some more features to appear in both the April and May builds for itch.io players. We're looking forward to letting you try them out.
Thanks as always for your continued patience and support!
Tommy, Table Flip Games