- Will there be Multiplayer?
- How long will the game be?
This highly depends on how you play the game. If you want you can just progress the story and don't sweat the exploration part or questing at all, you might get about 8-10 hours of gameplay. However, if you do quest and explore the world and try to find every secret, 30-40 hours are what you could get.Overall we always like to say: If you doing a mix of both, you'll get around 15-20 hours worth of game. But it could be more. There are people who played over 70 hours now. And some who manage to finish the game within 2 hours (after training several 100 of hours).
- What's the current state of the game?
From the 5 Skill-Trees you can already unlock skills on 3 of them including special Combat Arts. You can also team up with another player called Emilie and bash enemies and explore together.
Our present milestone is the creation of the last "big" area, including 3 smaller dungeons and a town.
- I found a typo! Where can I tell you about it?
If you find a typo, spelling or grammar error or have a wording suggestion you can press F7 at any time. Here you can quickly enter a name and you email (Not mandatory) and then get a list of all the latest lines of dialogs and texts in the game. You can edit them, add a comment and send it our way right from the game!
So… TL;DR press F7 to send us you typo reports!
If the text with the error isn't visible in the list, you can send us a report to firstname.lastname@example.org or write in the forum.
- Will <insert language> be supported in the game?
Maybe! We get this question a lot and so many people are trying to help us translate the game into a different language. Thanks so much everyone!
As long as the game is in the development, a lot of the texts change over time or get outright replaced. So we don't want to translate the game right away. BUT! We do intend to translate the game into different languages after we reached gold!
Currently planned are: English, German and French. More will follow for sure!
- Give me the game already! A.K.A When's the release?
- Will I be able to transfer my save file into new versions?
However, due to code changes, item placements and so on, old saves can lead to bugs and/or balancing problems. The color of version number in the save is red in that case and you get an additional info text.
In case your old save file won't work, we provide Save Presets that allows you to jump to specific points in the game with matching level and equipment.
- Will I have to replay the game at release?
- Does this game have controller support?
- Do you guys have a forum, wiki, stream or any social media?
- CrossCode Forum: http://forum.cross-code.com/index.php
- CrossCode Wiki: http://crosscode.gamepedia.com/CrossCode_Wiki
- RadicalFishGames Stream (Streaming CrossCode Dev): https://www.twitch.tv/radicalfishgames
- RadicalFishGames Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RadicalFishGames
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/RadicalFishGame
- Lea's Twitter: https://twitter.com/CrossCodeLea
- CrossCode Discord: https://discord.gg/svjTrka
- What is <X>, where can I get <X>? X = 3, next question
Another good way is to check out the wiki linked above.
If you ever feel helpless in the menu, use the help button on the top bar to get a quick and easy to digest overview over the menu.
- What's the game engine?
- Can I play as another character or class?
But over the course of your journey you will be joined by various AI-controlled CrossWorld-players who will be from every character class there is!
- What's up with the bonus codes and where can I get them?