Hello everyone! My name is Marshall and I'm a Canadian game developer working with Unity(C#) and Blender. I started game development at 10 years old, and I'm 15 now. I've worked on little projects in the past, but this is my first real big game. Now, enough about me, let's talk about the game!
Make Me A Salad is a psychological horror game based around many different issues like slavery, overpopulation, corruption, drugs/addiction, disorders like PTSD, effects of industrialization/corporation, war and much more. It's a game where every thing in the game means something. It can be from a major story elements to a book on a shelf. All this is packed together to look like a children's game about making salad, but trust me, it's not for children!
It's been a while, but I'm back! I bring some new features/additions to the game. I've completed the basic tutorial system for the start of the game and I'm working on more story elements. The tutorial system includes a "tutorial bot" named Tom (placeholder model) and is a work in progress, as only the basics have been completed. With that being said, the next updates to come will include more developments to the story of the game. My story partner and I have completed our outline for the entire story of the game (obviously I will not be releasing this as it contains a TON of spoilers). So far, the story is coming along really well and I just have to work on implementing that story into the actual game. Now with that out of the way, we can get into the juicy stuff! I have decided to release a VERY early alpha build to the public! Now, there are a few reasons for this and I'm going to tell you what they are:
1. I've realized that this post doesn't have much "proof" per say, as to the actual legitimacy of the project. I find it much easier to just give the build to the public for you guys to play, rather than just post a bunch of screenshots and videos (which would take forever).
2. Finding bugs! It's a win-win situation; you guys get to play the build and tell me about bugs in the game and I get to fix them (lucky me :P). In all seriousness though it's an excellent way to get the community involved, while at the same time the bugs are getting fixed and the game is getting better. This is why when you play the game, I ask that you please come back to me with any bugs you may find. You can email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org if you find any bugs in the build (I haven't decided whether or not I will be making an email specifically for this game, so use that one).
With all that out of the way, finally, here is the build:
So far, this is what is done:
- Drag and drop
- Ingredient management (cutting, tossing, etc.)
- Salad making quota (score, day system)
- Storyline brainstorm
- Placeholder artstyle (100% going to change)
- More coming soon
Screenshots (Imgur Album):