Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

A WebGL benchmark of the GetComponent function in Unity

A topic by TheNudist created 5 days ago Views: 134
Viewing posts 1 to 1

I built a benchmark to stress GetComponent in Unity, in response to widespread concern over its performance.

After building the test, I've decided to share it, since I could find no real online sources besides some old and controversial and user benchmarks. This was designed to address a major complaint with those, namely that simply running GetComponent repeatedly in a loop does not produce valid results, due to compiler optimization. In mine, a different component is chosen at random each iteration.

Your results will depend on your device. On mine, I can run 1000-2000 iterations without any apparent stutter in the on-screen movement. 

I hope it is helpful for someone.

https://thenudist.itch.io/unity-getcomponent-benchmark