Frequently Asked Questions
- When will you add hardware besides CPUs? What will the next hardware type be?
I want to finish adding core features, tweaking existing ones and everything CPU-related first. I am not sure what the next hardware type will be. I'm choosing between sound cards, graphics cards and motherboards.
- When is the next update coming out?
If there isn't an ETA in the last devlog then nobody knows.
- What did you make Hardware Tycoon in?
I am using Scirra's Construct 2. Browser release is in HTML5 and desktop ones run on nw.js.
- Will Hardware Tycoon be available in other languages? Can I help with translation?
Probably. Wouldn't expect it too soon though. I will post a devlog where I ask you for help if I decide to implement languages.
- Why can't I have more than one CPU selling at once?
Bad early design decisions... I will add the ability to have multiple products on the market pretty soon.
- Is there anything to do after <year>? Why is there no more research?
Hardware Tycoon is in very early stages of development and is lacking content. You can see a list of all research on the wiki.
- Will Hardware Tycoon ever cost money/come out on Steam?
I don't know. I'll think about it when it's close to being finished, but for now it will stay free. Also I don't have 100$ to put it on Steam lol.
- Are you looking for help with the game? Is there any way I could help?
Thanks, but I want to keep this a personal project, besides you don't want to see the mess backstage. You can do things described in point 4 and 9 though :D
- Can I become a beta-tester too?
Of course. If only there is a beta version available. Join the discord to be notified when it comes out!
I will add more questions and answers as time goes on.