Frequently Asked Questions
- When will you add hardware besides CPUs? What will the next hardware type be?
I want to finish adding core features, improving existing ones, and everything CPU-related first. I am not sure what the next hardware type will be. I'm choosing between sound cards, graphics cards, and motherboards.
- When is the next update?
Please refer to the roadmap.
- Help! I can't run the game!
Please refer to the troubleshooting guide.
- What is Hardware Tycoon made in?
Hardware Tycoon is an HTML5 game made using Scirra's Construct 2. Desktop versions run on nw.js.
- Are you looking for help with the game? Is there any way I could help?
Thanks, but I want to keep this a personal project, besides, I'm not good at working in teams, and Construct 2 projects are hard to collaborate on anyway (especially when they get this messy after 5 years in development...).
You can help by becoming a beta tester, donating, or simply leaving constructive feedback :)
- Can I become a beta tester?
Of course, as long as there is a beta version available. Join the Discord server to be notified when it is!
- Will Hardware Tycoon be available in other languages? Can I help with translation?
Maybe. I wouldn't expect it anytime soon, making the game feature-complete is a higher priority. I will post a devlog where I ask for people to help translate the game if I decide to translate it.
- Why can't I have more than one CPU selling at once?
Bad early design decisions... I will add the ability to have multiple products on the market in version 0.3.
- Will Hardware Tycoon ever cost money/come out on Steam/Epic Store/etc.?
I wouldn't count on it. Hardware Tycoon isn't anywhere near the point where I would be happy to charge people for it. (Yet.)
- Will there be a mobile version?
Not anytime soon. Finishing the core features is a priority right now. If I decide to make a mobile version, I'd like to make it good with a brand-new UI fit for mobile devices and such.
- How much money do you make off of Hardware Tycoon? What do you spend it on?
In 5 years I've made enough to pay monthly rent twice, so significantly less for the game to become anything more than a hobby project and significantly more than I'd ever imagined. I'm currently saving the money.
- Where are the saves located?
On Windows, they are somewhere in AppData/Local/HardwareTycoon/User Data/Default/IndexedDB
Good luck editing them though...