I’m working on a VR Procedural ecosystem with evolving animals in Unity as a fun educational tool.
It has procedural animal animations, planet mesh & biome generation and animal creation from a profile. It also has changing AI behaviour and DNA.
I'd appreciate any feedback as this is my first release and it was for my final year university project. I would like to include feedback in my thesis and I hope to keep working on it once I finish college so any and all suggestions would help.
It currently only runs on oculus devices but you can download it for free here: https://ryandbyrne.itch.io/evolvr
Here’s a feedback form if you do try it: https://forms.gle/5urRNFJRA1QDa2ty9
Some other interesting things about this project:
· You can customise the planet yourself before exploring.
· You can view the animals DNA on your tablet and see their stats & behaviours above their head.
· VR teleportation and Jetpack movement.
· I made all the animal models myself.
· It uses behaviour trees to control the AI. (E.g. Pack behaviours, fighting, resource finding)
· Animal memory system.
· It has a full day-night system and animals can sleep at night.
· Procedural animations based on the animal rig and using inverse kinematics.
Feel free to ask any questions about it too, thanks.