Nice work! One thing I'd fix quickly is a sort of "target reservation" system to prevent multiple units from attacking the same target. Should make things less random. Keep up the good work!
Recent community posts
Fun game! One thing I'd do is polish the interactions a little bit (especially the dragging minigame and the one with the knife). Right now they're a little buggy and this type of game should rely on the mechanics working as well as possible. Keep up the good work!
I'm glad you enjoyed it! I didn't make the models either (most of them), I scouted for free assets. Also, not 100% happy with the rotation mechanic, but it's the best I could do in the given time frame. Thanks for playing!
I like the idea, but the pace is a bit too chaotic and some things can become frustrating:
- some obstacles are way too big and come at you quickly, there's a very tiny chance of doing anything about it
- those enemies that attack you also deplete your ammo, rendering you unable to shoot
- the player bounces off the sides of the screen, which tends to be uncontrollable
Otherwise, I like it, especially the artwork. Keep up the good work!
The music was downloaded from the YouTube Studio (a good tip I picked up from somewhere on the internet, can't remember where). And sure, I'll leave a comment a bit later. Thanks for playing!
Hey, thanks for your feedback!
My goal was actually to make a game that makes you work a bit harder than average. A couple of problems I noticed were:
1) Maybe should have kept a "press space for more info" prompt permanently on the screen. Other people seem to have missed that in the intro screen as well.
2) Should've made it clear that the goal is to match people as well as possible, not necessarily perfectly. So, for instance if one person has one trait out of many that another one likes, that's a small win right there. Obviously, this aspect was not made clear.
Thanks for playing!
Yeah, the extra info thing was super last-minute. I realized, after I built the game, that there's a lot of stuff that might not be intuitive and threw together that menu page :D
Glad you liked it and thanks for playing!
Really like the idea, as well as the art and audio. One thing I'd modify are the intro text and monologue to make them shorter/skippable. The first text in particular seems to take forever to fade out and can get annoying on repeated playthroughs. Good job overall!
Nice visuals and sound, but one small yet annoying issue with the controls. After jumping, if you release the jump key shortly before landing, the character jumps again. Keep up the good work!
Interesting concept that you could definitely take further. One con that I would mention is the last type of enemy, which has a 50% chance of taking damage. I don't really see randomness as being an element that works with tower defense games. Apart from that, good job!