Recent community posts
I'm sorry, I'm not able to get the problem to happen on my computer! I don't have a Windows machine to test it on, but Firefox 110.0.1 on MacOS saves the state when the tab is closed or the browser gets restarted.
Oh no! The game saves its state to localstorage, which is stored by your browser. So I wonder if you have a browser setting or plugin that increases security and clears localstorage when it closes? Maybe if you let me know your browser + version, and your OS, I can dig up something
I did run into some minor issues, but I only mention them in case you're ever in a bug-fixing mood:
- At some point of the planters broke (the one that's two slots to the left of the lift; it was no longer liftable or plantable)
The first time I got three orange seeds, I planted and watered them all, but the next day two had disappearedNevermind, you mentioned in another comment that this is intentional!
- Saves don't work on the web version (all progress is lost when I reload the page; I'm using Firefox on Linux, so it may not be universal, or even that common)
- Text sometimes gets cut off or escapes the speech bubbles (mostly the initial dialogue; again, may just be me)
- At one point dust landed out of reach up around the big lantern (up and to the right of the uppermost platform)
- It would be cool if the game prevented me from accidentally ordering more planks or planters than I can use
- I have so many moths now that I run out of time in the day to feed them all, and I wish I could set some of them free instead of letting them starve
I love this game so much! This immediately has landed on my favorite games list, and I've shared it with practically everyone I know. It's so simple and lovely and has so many little details in the cute moth animations, the gothic architecture and subtle background shifts, the day-night cycle and various weather conditions, the music, and the balanced cyclical mechanics of progression.
Your youtube shorts were also very helpful when I was getting started (and made me laugh at "love is obviously worthless") so thank you for those!
The only thing that could possibly make it more perfect to me is if I could play it on a handheld device (like a phone, gameboy or switch) just so I could bring my mothlings with me everywhere I go.
I don't think it was a dream... I think in an early version I had drag-and-drop rooms, but I ended up needing to drop that (no pun intended) in a ui overhaul for being too complex to re-implement. You can move rooms around with a bit more trouble by exporting/importing them.
BUT: I've added a new secret button in the sprite extras menu! It will let you convert any sprite (well, as long as it's not used for multiple tiles across the world) into the avatar. (I was moved by your needing to edit the data in notepad++.)
Yep! The import button is here:
And there's a duplicate button right under the export button.
However, there's no way to copy the pixel data or tile data from one room to another. Great idea, though! I'm unable to add new features to Mosi at the moment, but I'll add it to my list of things to do when I'm able to circle 'round to it again.
Thank you! When you've raised your bunbons so their heart meter fills up, you'll get an option to send them in a rocket. As for renaming them, there's no way to do that at the moment in the game.
Hi! You can move them out of storage by dragging them onto the little window in the bottom left. You can encourage them to drink by dragging the food item onto them, but it’s possible they don’t like that food item - fortunately food and drink fulfill the same need so you can always try something else!