Awesome game! I'm always a sucker for Low-poly FPS games like this. Great concept with having to balance between the different weapons too. :)
Recent community posts
This is a really interesting concept to tackle, coming from the perspective of someone who doesn't have ADHD myself. However, it would've been better if the text didn't extend past the bounds of the text boxes. Also, having more music choices would've been cool too; implementing the strategy of listening to music as a core gameplay mechanic was a great idea, especially for the concept.
As someone who's favorite food is pizza, I instantly love this game. It was a lot of fun to play this at Made in MA too. Can't wait to see what your team will be working on in the future. :)
It was really fun getting to play this at PAX East 2022! Love the concept and had a great time replaying it to get a better score. :)
Thank you for the feedback! :) I'd love to come back to this project and expand upon it in the future, when I have the time.
Yay! I'm excited for this to finally be released! Love the PSX mode that you added too. Can't wait to play it :)
Nice! I'm glad to see this game get fully published! It's awesome that it got an arcade port too, maybe I'll check it out again sometime. :)
Holy crap! Even as a demo, this is awesome! :D
I love the artstyle/animations, and the premise was really interesting. The only problem I had was that the game didn't enter fullscreen with the WebGL build. Minor complaint though, the game was still really cool.
Keep up the great work everyone! :)
Pretty solid game! I love the DOOM reference that you have for the cover art/title screen of the game, but it made me expect a full-blown arena/boomer shooter. Either way, great concept, though having a sprint option and multiple weapons would've made it a lot less repetitive. Keep up the great work y'all! :)
Now, some more in-depth critique. Here's some personal things I've noticed. (2/2)
- The jumping mechanic could use work. It's way too floaty, it takes way too long to fall back to the ground after jumping.
- The Gamepad doesn't work with the Pause Menu, except to open it.
- I know it's not finished yet, but I can't tell which options in the Settings Menu the sliders are used for, since there's no text or icons attached to them.
- The color of the UI buttons when they're hovered over could be made a bit darker, so it's more clearer which button's being selected at a time.
- I wish I could use the D-Pad to move as an option, and not just the Analog Stick.
- I really like the character design of the player character and logo, great stuff :D
I really hope this feedback helps! The project is coming along nicely, keep up the great work :)
Hey, I wanted to give in-depth feedback from my playtesting session. (1/2)
To answer your questions:
1) The animation states are fine, they transition smoothly with no problems.
2) I got stuck early on in the tutorial part of the level, in between some rocks. This forced me to restart the game. (See pic below for reference). I also got stuck later during the wall-sliding tutorial section, where you had to jump over the spikes. I tried multiple times but couldn't jump over the spikes.
Pretty awesome game! Love the concept and arcade-style gameplay. The UI could've used some improvement but other than that it's pretty solid. :)
UPDATE: We changed the cover image and added in the correct .ZIP files for the builds. There are also some more bugs which we have discovered, and are planning to address those soon in a future update.
We apologize if there are any bugs still leftover in this release of the game. But no worries, we'll be releasing Version 1.1 of the game by the end of next week. -Zach