when you're in town or camping, there's a 'save game' link on the left sidebar. i should probably make it higher-contrast in the future, because it is pretty missable right now
Recent community posts
well, that was definitely the plan originally -- there's actually a bunch of cut content still in the game's files about the trip to the hive -- but given the amount of writing that would be (yeah, it would be a whole other game; one that's even bigger) i don't think i'll ever realistically get around to writing it all.
hey, thank you! i'm glad you enjoyed the game, and it's always nice to get a big substantive comment on a thing.
1. whoops, i'll fix that. apparently that one scene is the only place where that specific typo exists, but who can really say what other misspellings are lurking around. also it's spar! as in 'a stout rounded usually wood or metal piece', like a piece of rigging. it's got connotations of like, jutting out and being pointy, so, you know, dicks.
2. whoops, i'll try to fix that. a few of the exile encounters were bugged out in various ways, and i think i've managed to fix most of them while working on 1.1, but it's been a while since i worked on that bit so i don't remember if i already fixed that one.
3. yeah, one of the things that i never really got finished before the release was having the various human squad characters meaningfully stay around in the town. once you complete each character's little 'sidequest', they just show up in town once and then vanish, since i never finished writing their dedicated town appearance sections. (a lot of town interaction got cut -- other npcs, more interaction between gheist in town, being able to talk to the gheist characters in town and redo most/all of their sex scenes if desired, etc)
4. yeah, it's an issue. the problem with adding extra moves at this point is that a bunch of content is structured assuming that there will be at least one camp between the village and the destination -- for example, the lightrot caves are four steps away from the village, which means if i bumped up the moves limit by just one then it'd be possible (and likely) to totally skip jinn's camping sequence during his survey, or the pregnancy trip pre-birth and post-birth scenes, or a bunch of other scenes. so i'd also have to move around a bunch of things to make them further away from each other, which would just make the world map seem even more big and empty. it's definitely not ideal, and if i was redoing things from scratch i'd try to avoid the issue, but at this point too much stuff is paced around there being a camp sequence or two between events for me to change it.
5. nope! they will be in the 1.1 patch, whenever i finish that, but currently there's not really any scenes locked behind scavenging and crafting stuff.
6. oh yeah, it's like... that would be nice, but that would be an _enormous_ amount of content -- having the wolf dick tf was bar none the biggest content addition to the game, since it required not only a bunch of totally unique sex scenes / large content splices for other sex scenes, but also there's a whole bunch of custom dialog: all the city human sex scenes have branches for having a human dick / gheist dick / wolf dick, as well as several for other gheist tfs, and some of them get pretty elaborate. like, adding a wolf head tf would mean i'd have to go back to add a custom branch for every kissing / oral scene to change the blocking for having a muzzle, plus whatever custom branches i'd need to add in generally (like, custom dialog for basically every interaction with a city human). actually in the various drafting stages of writing this, i had outlined like five dick tfs and three more great beasts, each with an associated bodily tf, (...and an entire other half of the game's story) and i pretty much immediately had to cut all of that just because it would have easily quadrupled, quintupled, the amount of writing in the game.
7. yeah in retrospect i could've added a lot more... dialog, to the game. for a while i was using the same dialog toy you see in the human siege section with the gheist, and there's no reason why that couldn't work with astau / brulvundojn / dante & malsatante / ophion, it was just at the time i was looking at writing another six-or-seven dialog topics, with multiple responses based on game state, for all the gheist characters _too_ and i just cut it. but something like that with custom topics for all the great beasts would probably help a lot towards actually fleshing them out as characters; one of the weirder aspects of the game is that you only ever get to talk in-depth to the city humans and not to any of the other characters (well, astau, once) even though the city humans are the characters you're most antagonistic with.
8. yeah, like i mentioned a few points above, at one point the plan was to just be able to talk to the gheist in the town, and after you'd done their survey section you'd be able to rerun their sex scenes, or get threesomes. that might make it into 1.1; it's partially focused on adding stuff to the town so there's a bit more stuff there. about sex scenes being non-repeatable, i was actually a little surprised myself -- one of the things i've added already in 1.1 is a big chart of sex scenes that gets tracked as you play the game, and something i realized is that i don't think it's possible to get even half of them in a single playthrough, since so much of the content is mutually-exclusive or single-change. i feel like there's a balancing act between every sex scene being repeatable (and thus kind of contextless and unmoored in the current story beat) vs. every sex scene being really tightly written into its story context but being a one-time missable sequence; there's definitely a lot of the latter in this, which is kind of unusual for a somewhat 'sandboxy' game, but that's how it is i guess.
you might notice a general theme here is "oh yeah this was planned but i ended up cutting it"; when i was like a year-and-change into writing this i really buckled down and made a list of everything left to write (and it was a really long list), tried to realistically look at my writing pace (slow), and started ruthlessly cutting stuff down in the hopes of finally being able to release the game. most of 1.1 is just gonna be re-adding in cut content that was never finished, and fleshing out some of the bits of the game that are noticeably barren and empty right now.
hey, thank you! i'm currently working on a 1.1 patch for this that'll contain a grab-bag of new content, plus i got a bunch more projects in the works, so i should have more to show off in the future
there is a 'successful' resolution, but there's basically no guidance how to get it or feedback if you're making progress -- the in-game walkthrough (from the title page) has a reference guide for what to do
very belatedly, but i'd just like to thank you for your comment! whenever i get a long comment i always want to wait until i can compose a proper response and then most of the time enough time goes by that i forget entirely.
anyway i'm glad you enjoyed the game! (personally i think that the whole like, queer fandom spaces are appropriating gay men's lifestyles, discourse point is incredibly ridiculous & ultimately anybody who enjoys the game is welcome to it. anyway that's a tangent.)
i tried to strike a balance between character interaction and sex, and although i think in retrospect i could've easily added like 30% more dialog sequences for everybody, on the whole i'm glad people are enjoying it. and yeah like, definitely some games have a certain tone with their transformation content that i didn't really want to hit with this, so i'm glad that worked for you too.
anyway thanks for the comment! it's always good to hear from people who played the game
haha, that's fair; that's a fairly common response that i've heard. i'll probably be trying to add in a little more branching in the sex scenes so that characters with bottom options have them better surfaced, and that more characters have mutual or bottoming sex options
hey, thanks for the extensive comment! it can be real difficult to actually get people's thoughts about the game, so it's always good to hear something pretty exhastive.
hmm, keyboard shortcuts probably wouldn't be doable without a lot of extra effort, but i'll definitely consider stuff like movement shortcuts for my next project.
i've been thinking about some kind of travel/storage crafting upgrade, but i'm actually not totally sure how much i want to actually add in, like, gameplay; since i don't really want to like, require people to grind for materials to make something to reach a new area, that means that the gameplay is always gonna be really lateral and the mechanics aren't actually gonna be very relevant. but i guess i could include something that makes 'progression' easier.
one of the things on the to-do list is different pregnancy/egg-laying resolutions based on whose eggs you're carrying, so even if there's not a full 'astau ending' i'm planning on adding at least an extra scene or two where you return to him to lay his eggs & have a bit more follow-through with him.
there's at least one new worldmap monster encounter definitely slated for 1.1, but i haven't been sure how full i want to stuff the world map -- it feels kind of weird to have a dozen different giant monsters within a day's walk from this remote desert town. in very early development i'd planned for a total of five or six (giant worm, fire monster, big insect, big snake, acid sea-goat, etc), but between the associated transformations + all the various khru threesomes (and other interactions) i'd need to write i ended up cutting a bunch of that. that being said, yeah right now the worldmap is pretty empty.
also you're welcome! yeah when i was writing the game i really wanted to make something that was... more extreme than a lot of the porn games i'd seen before? or like, touching on things i was interested in that i rarely saw in other porn games, so i'm glad to hear that it has that same pull to others.
i could definitely change it so it doesn't do that
(i also have changed the distribution of resources so that fewer things are unique to one map square, so hopefully that would be less of a problem in general)
yeah, that's pretty reasonable. when i was writing the endgame scene i actually bracketed out 22 different subscenes that get selected into the orgy in some configuration depending on who's there and how some of the character subquests have gone, and the thought of adding (at least) 22 distinct sex scenes to my todo list, and finishing all of those before i could post the game, was pretty disheartening. but i could probably stand to write, like, a few, since as it is it's pretty underwhelming.
hey, thanks for your review / comment! feedback is always really nice to get.
oh yeah the city humans are definitely intended as this kind of pitiable bunch halfway-disillusioned with their horrible authoritarian society that's most of the way crumbled and just aggressively ruining the lives of everybody involved. not a great situation for them to be in!
yeah the pc never really being referred to with gendered pronouns is on purpose. i mean, also, they really don't come up much; i think there's only like one or two scenes -- threesomes -- in the entire game where it came up at all. there's this general undercurrent of gender not really being constructed in the same way, both among the gheist and among humans, but that wasn't really something i went very in-depth into in the finished game, since, you know, it is ultimately all relationships-that-would-be-interpreted-as-gay porn, etc. like, probably in gheist jinn uses different pronouns than everybody else, but those pronouns would be closer in connotation to the royal we than anything specifically about gender. though, some of my favorite dialog to write was the 'you explain human biological reproduction to the gheist' scene. what do you mean, only some humans can carry eggs. what do you mean, humans keep the eggs inside their body until they're born? what do you mean the egg bursts inside you?! gross.
about gameplay -- yeah, i sketched this out without any clear 'mechanics' and then just kind of glommed some stuff together. a lot of porn games go with the main mechanic of like, 'sexy fighting', which i really wanted to avoid, but, well, part of the reason why a lot of games go with that is because it's an easy mechanical system that people know how to interact with. i have some vague plans to revise + expand some of the scavenging + crafting mechanics in a later patch, but the mechanics are really only ever there to gate content, so... yeah, it's not that important.
yeah going forward i'm hoping to have a little better grasp on how to structure mechanics, if only to provide a little more of a streamlined game flow than this one, but i guess we'll all see how that goes.
depending on the eggs somewhere around three to five in-game days, i think? but in most cases you have to specifically trigger the birthing sequence by visiting the gheist survey camp (which in turn requires a little progress through the 'main quest'); it doesn't happen automatically
ty for the comment! i'm glad you enjoyed the game
the original plan for the game did actually involve heading out to the hive and staying there for a while, with a bunch of different 'endings' radiating out from there, but in the interest of time i had to cut the latter half of the game. i definitely might do some further content patches (i run development polls on my patreon, and one of the options is sometimes 'a content patch for 'the new hive'') in the future, but idk if i'll ever get to the point of adding in all that.
(fun fact, there's actually a haphazard mess of hive-related cut content still in the game -- if you go into the game's frame and run
there's a section in the walkthrough that mentions how to get the alternate endings to that sequence, but if you don't want to scroll through other spoilers, here's a summary:
(spoilers for that sequence below)
each character has certain scenes that give them 'points', and when the overall number of points is past a certain level, you get an alternate ending, with different characters doing different things based on their individual points.
- leader / agares: asking him 'why are you in town' several times will give him a point. talking to him about 'human army command' once or twice will give him another point
second-in-command / leraje: trying 'make smalltalk' several times gives him some points. asking him 'why are you in town' twice after asking agares several times will give him another point and unlock a new talk option, 'human army command'
munitions guy / maxwell: wait a few days, then try 'make smalltalk' twice. blowing him gives him one point, and choosing 'make smalltalk' a third time gives him another. the sex option of riding his dick also gives him a point.
recon guy / raven: asking him if he wants to fuck three times and then blowing him gives him a point. after that some of his sex options will give him another point
rook: asking him where he's from gives him one point. talking to him about a few different options and then choosing 'make smalltalk' will unlock a whole sequence that leads to him having sex options; having sex with him will give him a point. if i've also had sex with maxwell, there are options to have a threesome (by asking about 'gheist dicks') that will give him another point
(in retrospect, making a lot of these depend on asking people the same thing repeatedly when most of the conversation topics just repeat with no change wasn't very good game design. it can definitely be tough to hit enough of those within the given time limit, but they're all possible!)
about the selection issue: stardew valley has the same guide system, but the big difference is that you can use your mouse cursor to hover over the 9 tiles around you, and that'll update the guide so that when you click you'll target that tile (and automatically face the right direction). this makes it a lot easier to do things like stand in one place and water a bunch of adjacent crops without having to wiggle around each time to align perfectly.
something i'd suggest would be to expose keybindings; as somebody who's left-handed WSAD controls are actually really difficult to use and it would be great to be able to change that to arrow keys.
Whoops, sorry for the late response, I got pretty caught up in my new projects and let bugfixing this fall by the wayside. I'm gonna go over that sequence + the other exile sequences and try to catch that bug and other similar bugs like it and hopefully have a fixed version out in a day or two.
About 'human army command', I don't think I changed literally anything in the dialog code between this version and the last, but I'll give it a look to make sure.
More save games... that's something I could do going forward, but it would be tricky to retrofit onto this game without blowing away everybody's existing saves. what I could do is rework the 'dump save' link into an export/import save menu, so it could be possible to switch or back up saves manually using that.
No, that's still busted; I'll have to look at that bit of code in a little more detail than I thought, since it sounds like there are two unrelated issues there instead of one. Thanks for telling me though, because whoops that's kind of a big issue to have left in.
Oh no, that's definitely a bug on my end. I fixed that specific chunk of code and just pushed another patch, so now the game should correctly calculate which character you end up with there.
Oh huh, from looking that up...
Does this link work: https://v6p9d9t4.ssl.hwcdn.net/html/1894526/index.html ? That's the direct link to the game file on the itch.io hosting servers, rather than the embedded-in-page one you get from the game page. It kinda sounds like Chrome doesn't like the part where they're on different servers, which I guess makes sense because that would technically make it a third-party cookie/site data thing.
If you can open up the developer console (apparently Shift+J or maybe through a right-click or menu option) and if there happens to be a big error message somewhere in the console window, if you c&p the error message I might be able to fix it, but probably your best option is to just use a different browser.
Yeah, it's not really intended to know exactly what the term means at the start. Ultimately the terms the game uses do get explained, just, a bit later on. The first big village event lays out just who and what the ĝheist are, as well as their position in the setting.