In Unity, I'm trying to display some strings from a string in a UI text field. The string is populated with strings pulled from a JSON file. I made sure to save the file using the Unicode encoding, and use File.ReadAllText also with the Unicode encoding. I've set my text fields to display Unicode as well as have both vertical and horizontal Overflow. I even set my font's import settings from Dynamic to Unicode.
However I have a problem. I have three text fields, they all have some default, standard text in them. On pressing enter I pull the data from the JSON file. And it updates the text boxes. Pressing up and down will cycle through the strings in the array. Two of the text fields are showing a string from two arrays populated by two differnt JSON files. The third is just showing an array I populated myself by using a for loop and filling it with "No. #" + i.
In the Editor, everything works without a hitch. In the Game View everything works without a hitch. On Build, when I start the game I can see all 3 text fields with their default text. However as soon as I press enter to their text, I can no longer see them and cycling through shows nothing. I can still see my third dummy text box with the "No. #x" strings that I filled in.
This leads my to conclude somehow, probably due to encoding, the Build of the game won't show my text.
If anyone had any solutions I'd be extremely grateful as my game features a fair bit of text...