I have a handful of suggestions, but I would like to preface this with how much I enjoy your game already! It's such a great game to play in order to kick back and relax at the end of a long day. I like everything about it and can't wait to see what it grows into with all of the updates. The music is calming, the art and animation style is incredibly cute, the sound effects make me chuckle every time I hear "mmhmm", and I've yet to encounter a bug. Thank you so much for coming up with such a simplistic yet ingenious game concept!
It would be really cool to see randomized changing weather outside of the castle and different game events associated with the weather. For instance:
- rain -
- there could be flooding if it rains too many days in a row
- sunny days -
- drought affecting the crops if it's too sunny too many days in a row
- houses could catch fire if a drought lasts for too long
- seasons -
- grass & trees change color in the fall
- snow piles up in the winter
- flowers in the spring
- different possible natural disasters depending on the season
- more likely to flood in the spring & fall
- avalanche from nearby mountain in winter
- fires and drought in the summer
I think it would be neat if there was a small area of town where you could see the temporary events that take place in town, like the circus, and jester show, and caravans. It could be just a small clearing in the center of town that is occasionally filled depending upon the special event taking place that day.
Another suggestion is to have the jail/dungeon with barred windows visible in the background. Then, when you jail someone you could see their character behind the bars of one of the windows.
And lastly, it would be cool to have the lighting change depending on time of day instead of just having a color filter over the entire game screen. So the sky outside would become darker, and the lights in all of the villager's buildings would light up, and you could even add candles inside the castle that light up.