Recent community posts
Great! Glad you had fun! Feel free to keep using it -- I may expand the word set (it's already at ~3400 "phrasey-bits") but will have to do compression to do so.
(Btw If you missed submitting, I extended the jam until 7pm PST. :)
Looks great! One question:
Why not have this playable on the page with an EXPORT TOPHOP.HTML ?
I wrote directions on my jam: https://itch.io/jam/rndgame-jam-2/topic/1543865/how-to-post-a-pico-8-game-to-itc...
Yeah FreeSound is great and there are graphics and sounds on Open Game Art:
In the future, if you are getting more into it and want LOTS of sounds/music, SoundRangers has ones you can buy.
If your game is realistic, you can make it with your phone and your voice!
If it isn't, then you could use a sound/music editor that has built-in instruments. (Pico-8 has one for more complex sounds, and can export WAV files.) Here are a bunch of free ones:
Here's how to make your Pico-8 game playable on itch.io!
- Export from pico: EXPORT FILENAME.HTML
- It makes FILENAME.HTML and FILENAME.JS
- Rename FILENAME.HTML to INDEX.HTML (cuz that is what itch.io wants) then ZIP those two files.
- Now, in itch.io upload, choose HTML instead of Executable and upload the zip
- Choose 750x680 display size (Thanks again, KittenM4aster!)
- After you upload, you can change the theme of the page to match your game, like this: https://thattomhall.itch.io/myrrhs-edge
Those are the tricky bits -- fill in the rest and you are good to go!
No, but it is a Pico-8 game, it is just really easy for people to play it if it is exported to HTML. A LOT more people will see it!
I'll repost my posting instructions from TOY BOX JAM, which I summarized on the Jam Page. Will be a new post in a few minutes!