I missed that in the instruction, sorry.
Recent community posts
- The unit placement treats all clicks as placing a unit – when I try to change menus or right-click, it places the currently selected object.
- Some of the cheat codes may work as regular actions if you add a plastic cost.
- It may be interesting to add slight variation in height, detail, and color to simulate the usage of multiple different sets of plastic army men.
- The bugs and zombies should use melee attacks, not ranged. Spiders should spawn webs, and both bugs should be able to climb walls. Zombies converting non-undead to undead would make dealing with them much harder. Adding rideable, friendly forms of the bugs would be an interesting addition, especially if you added extra armor for these rideable friendly bugs.
- In certain levels you use slight variations on real-life brands on objects. I recommend creating new and original branding for those objects. This will make them stand out, while improving originality.
- An aerial unit needs to carry objects, like the bucket of army men and the magnifying glass, from a friendly hub to the intended location. This makes it harder for teams to attack hubs by making them stoppable, while giving players a warning, and makes these units fit better in the game. It also forces players to think strategically about their usage as well, because these special units currently can attack opponent’s hubs directly.
- Currently, aerial units do not stray far from the ground.
- Allowing one builder for non-green teams to match the player’s respawning, would level the playing field. Allowing invincible buildings could be useful for setting up endless games in the sandbox mode.
- Some levels have nations placed in areas with only one easy entry point. This is can be unfair. Additionally, The base map for sandbox has the player’s hub in a horrible place, because builders do not grasp that they can go over the edge, spawning things on a very small part of the map that is otherwise inescapable.
- The ability for builder AI to place hubs would be useful for endless games.
- In certain cases, you ‘locked’ the teams to a certain area in the map. This disadvantages nations ‘locked’ in places with no strategic advantage and prevents nations from recovering by moving to a different area.
- The AI do not seem to register the location of friendly troopers. A builder caused vehicle units to get stuck in a stream of soldiers going the opposite direction when it placed a wall, blocking half of a path in the map “Home”. I noticed that the AI soon abandoned the path altogether, and that the AI did not recognize a secondary, easier path until I forced them to in the map “Home”.
- Currently, you cannot switch the nation of your player in Sandbox mode.
- In several cases, it is possible to place overlapping buildings and buildings that overlap with the ground.
- Add an option for persistent debris. With this option toggled on, Players and AI must get plastic from the debris, via mining or carrying it whole to a specific place.
- Injury and semi-broken objects would be interesting.
- The current naming system confused me at first. Possibly change naming to the format “Rank ActualLastName (Job)”, like Private Doe (Medic), and for vehicles, list the names of each person under the format “Rank ActualLastName” in the vehicle, followed by the name of the vehicle, like Private Doe, Private Angle, and Private Lee (Helicopter). These last names should be random.
Attempting to run the program gets the following error:
The procedure entry point _ZN5Tiled17FileSystemWatcher12filesChangedERK11QStringList could not be located in the dynamic link library (Current location of file)
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property '0' of null
at Function.com_watabou_toytown2_elements3d_buildings_GableRoof.add (ToyTown2.js:28511)
at com_watabou_toytown2_elements3d_View.reset (ToyTown2.js:27988)
at com_watabou_toytown2_scenes_TownScene.load (ToyTown2.js:28828)
at FileReader.reader.onload (ToyTown2.js:27408)
The ability to show portions of the tank separately, and the ability to generate and save the turret portion rotated in 15 degree integrals, if possible would also allow this program to be used for 2D video games off the bat.
Collision based on the actual mesh is needed. The current method does not represent the hands, and often does not reflect the actual humanoid.
Nicer scaling, and ability to randomise that, for the humanoid's various parts would great.
Better seed generation that doesn't constantly increase would be good.
Currently, typing into any textbox does not ignore shortcut keys, making a seed including 'i' impossible.
The ability to test the creature at path finding: a obstical course where the creatures have to get to multiple places in order.
- Could register 3D distance as well
Dynamic starting height. Not all fall the same distance when they are dropped at the same height