Recent community posts
Yes, they would be good additions, and I am aware of the gender issues. I also did not know about coloration rules, the heights might be off, and I copied the human's head to others simply because I did not know how you did it.
So the image in the post is the update?
I was talking about adding the versions humans do in the tileset to the other races. Yesterday I did a player base for all of the races and a few others.
I would like to report some more bugs in recent versions:
- The overlap capability is somewhat worse. At one point in an earlier update, I and several builders placed about 10 buildings in the same place, with many suffering from rotational glitches.
- The plane's AI should not do abrupt changes in direction. Subtle directional changes are more accurate and less powerful.
- As with the mech in earlier updates, the bomber can have too much control over the tide of a battle, turning the game into a bomber spawning war between the player and AIs.
- Builders do not stop building, even after winning a game or being told to idle. Additionally, they work on a separate resource pool. Forcing players and builders to work on the same resource pool will force more strategic usage.
- There is no way to coordinate builders strategically. This will allow for builders on both players and AI to create more strategically and will reduce the need for a hard limit on builders since the player will be responsible for crashes.
- Opening this program and the "Groove Music" music application that comes with windows simultaneously crashes both programs and causes flickering on the screen.
- Potentially setting up an AI tactic in Sandbox of limiting placed buildings to a certain distance away from enemies and pulling back when they push to that distance is another way to allow endless wars in Sandbox while allowing opportunities to optimize battles (Builders staying at base, only a small number going to the front lines).
- The store is completely broken.
- I notice there is a tendency on the picnic map for all AI to swarm the shed, even if a minimal benefit comes from swarming it and, in some circumstances, it is on the opposite side of the map.
- Sound also seems reversed for this game.
This was the real issue. I was not familiar enough with typography to catch my mistake, so I assumed it was a problem with the program. If it gave a notice for why it did not render the font, I would not report it as an error.
Whenever your settings cause errors, the program does not notify you. This makes troubleshooting problems harder and tends to cause false-alarms from people unfamiliar with typography. I noticed you also track duplicate characters. That also will help with large character sets that checking each character individually is not worth doing.
The issue with steepness is that some generate passages that are very steep but less than a fourth of a meter long in the x/y axis, creating a wall.
The issue with tracers occurs between the bot traveling to the room center and leaving the room center.
The cleaning bot I mentioned would remove walls thin enough to be considered dividers. I forgot to mention that they would function similar to the item you mentioned, marking walls for the bot to avoid or priotize. Additionally, they would also destroy dead ends and merge paths and walls if reasonable.
I found a couple of errors with the cave generation systems.
- Sometimes a segment of a wall contains multiple digable spaces that overlap. The diggers attempt to dig at both, often creating one-sided walls. One time, a digger dug the same segment five times.
- I noticed the bots generate impossibly steep hallways.
- In one case, entering a hallway trapped me, forcing me to quit.
There are some errors with the bots as well
- The tracers do not function properly because of a rotation bug with the diggers. Occasionally, while moving to the next area, diggers rotate strangely. When they do this, the tracers seem to become shorter. Eventually, this makes tracers useless, as unequipping and reequipping does not fix it.
- I would recommend adding a third type of robot that cleans up the caves. I encountered parallel hallways that something should merge. Especially when they led to the same cave, it made the caves harder to navigate and causes the robots to favor those rooms.