Recent community posts
Hey Mark! Just played Earl Grey. Here are my thoughts
- 5/5, would get lost in a grey pixel art forest again!
- The art is great. Stellar.
- The shades of grey really accentuate the animal blood's bright red. Good thought!
- The "push C for cabin direction" is a total game-changer. There is no need for a mini-map or a menu map! What an elegant solution to a classic problem.
- The music/ambient sound seemed significantly softer than everything else on my PC.
- Could've used more animals, since you need the meat for so much: energy, upgrading the gun level, and clearing the debris.
- I don't know how upgrading the gun helped me, but by god I did it. Do the deer die in 2 shots on level 2 instead of 4 shots on level 1?
- A save feature would've been nice. I played quite a while and felt like I'd "invested" some time in, but I got bored looking for meat that I couldn't find so I quit for the night. Lack of a save makes me less likely to go back and play again.
- I would've liked the ability to walk faster--maybe when your energy is full? If that's already happening, I couldn't tell. I felt a little slow.
- I'm really impressed that you did ALL of this as a one-man team. Way to work and congrats on releasing a kick-butt game!
5/5, would drink my coffee until I get way too old again.
Great game! This is really pushing the limits of story-telling with basically one map. Glad to meet another RPG-maker on here! Keep it up :)
5/5, would get stuck in a stellar, melancholy mix-tape again.
This is fantastic. I really love it--very A Night In The Woods. The original art is stunning and the soundtrack is nice. Your use of color is moving.
One minor fix: when it runs in a window (not full-screen), several of your text is getting cut off on the right side. You just have to hit enter in the middle of the sentence to fix it.