Thank you for your support! The bundle/guide is available on Itch.io, but I realize that it's not easy to find, so I'll add a link in the main post. You can get it here!
Recent community posts
Have you tried these steps:
1. Allow apps to be downloaded from anywhere from System Preferences.
2. Make sure to move the entire folder to the Applications section after extracting the .zip.
If that doesn't work, please let me know if you receive an error report, what it says, and what your OS is! Ren'Py officially supports Mac OS X 10.4+. If all this doesn't work, you can try using Wine to open the Windows version.
Oh no! The game currently only has an alpha demo available, however, you should be able to get onto the start of each route! There are only a few lines indicating which route you got at the moment, so you're not missing too much, but here are some tips:
- Participate in battle with AND eat with the same guy (you will have to say no to Lark's offer in battle to get Flint's offer, etc.)
- Accept their offers to spend more time with them
- In general, Rico prefers bold answers, Flint prefers diplomatic, and Lark prefers humourous (there are exceptions, though!)
- Consult the Friendship Meter from time to time to see how your standings are with the guys (the romance meter only matters for the full game). You can find this under the "Crew" section of the journal. The max fill for the demo is about half of the bar.
- Lark's route is the easiest to get, then Flint, and finally Rico's.
Let me know if this helps! We're hoping to release the full game in about a year's time, so you can look for the release date around then. Thank you for playing, I'm glad you enjoyed the rest of the demo! :D
Thank you for playing our demo! If you're referring to the dialogue choices as "bold, aggressive, or diplomatic", sometimes we purposely make the options less obviously bold/aggressive/diplomatic to encourage players (neurotypical and otherwise) to choose what option they like best, rather than because the option is bold/aggressive/diplomatic. Also, it is worth noting that there are options that won't fall into these categories. However, upon release, there will be guides (including complete guides available via our upcoming Kickstarter) that will give complete details about which choices increase which stat, which should help.
If you're referring to something else, however, please let us know! Or if there are other options that would make your experience more enjoyable, we would love to hear.
The Spanish Privateer is a Pirate Otome game made for the 2018 Otome Game Jam.
It takes place in the Golden Age of Piracy in the Atlantic Ocean, featuring runaway 18 year old Isabel Carlota de Castilla as she joins a ship and three romanceable pirates. Join Carlota as she battles pirates, friends, and social standards.
Our Kickstarter will run until October 20th! Check it out if you'd like to snag some rewards or share on your favourite social media.
Hi! Glad to hear you enjoyed the demo and the banter! The music is actually free for non-commercial projects, some of it provided by Derek & Brandon Fiecher and the rest by Alcaknight! We were lucky to find such talented artists with pieces well-suited for the game. Finding royalty-free music suited for a pirate-themed game was tricky!
The scripts for two of the routes are done, and the third (Rico's) is in progress! However, we won't be posting any updates until there is a major art update or something along those lines. Thank you for your continued support!
Thank you! We're happy you enjoyed it! The current writing schedule is looking at major progress up through November, so there should hopefully be an update around December or the New Year!
Hi! Right now everything is on pause until May. I (the writer) am back in school for the time-being, but once I'm done I'll have time to continue writing and reassess the situation in terms of artwork etc. Thank you for your interest!