Alpha 4.140 change notes:
I managed to screw up the version numbering again... Should be 5.140 according to my own twisted internal logic. Will try to get back on track with next update.
- New enemy structures added for Pirates and Drones
- Minor level generation overhaul, mostly as relates to placing enemies and not so much for geography.
- Numerous bug fixes and ui improvements, as usual
- Asteroids are now Orange! Helps distinguish them from ships or structures that have gray colouring.
Full change log:
- Updates to in-game Manual and Tutorial
- Some updates to Ship and Structure descriptions to better explain their roles.
- Fixed bug with Player Faction being inactive when it shouldn't be
- Tuned Mining speed a little bit. Should be faster to 'mine out' an entire level.
- Asteroids are now Orangey-Brown!
- Reworked a lot of the way that mobs are spawned on level generation - Each Faction now has a collection of 'Spawn Cards' depending on what the system level is - Different factions can draw different amounts of cards each level depending on a spawn table. These cards are drawn and placed on asteroid belts to produce ships and structures.
- Added Structure: Pirate Gun Tower, because bad guys get static defenses too.
- Added Structure: AI Cube Gun - Static defense gun tower for Neutral AI faction
- Added Structure: Pirate Space Bar - Spawns some tougher pirates and is built near Pirate Hideouts at system generation. Also a primary target for Pirate Leisure Time.
- Added Structure: AI Data Farm - Does... Nothing at the moment. In the future will be a source for bonus Research if destroyed in sight of the player.
- Tweaks to AI and Pirate spawn cards, and expansion bahaviour during the level.
- Added Pirate Mining contracts on creation of Pirate Hideouts or Pirate Bases. Pirates are not very efficient miners, and enemy factions still don't rely on resources for construction of their ships and structures. But their mining should provide a bit of incentive for the player to disrupt their operations before they consume all the resources....
- Added Pirate spawn cards. Various System levels will now have various amounts of Pirates and Drones fighting each other. In the future I will need to turn off some of the sound effects for non-visible enemies because it gets loud sometimes, even when the player can't see any combat.
- Fix for Tutorial crash
- Several changes to system generation as relates to spawning enemy factions
- Tonnes of bug fixes
- Heaps of UI improvements
- Piles of Balance tweaks