Thank you very much!
Recent community posts
While i like the concept and art, there's a lot wrong with this game.
- The commenter below me says that travel is tedious. It's not only tedious, it's down right dangerous. If you shoot one of your glowy things too far then there will be s shadow between the current one you are standing in and the next one, making it impossible to avoid damage. A target would be good so that the player could at least have a better idea of where the glow will land (I tried setting one next to me and ended up somehow shooting it away).
- There's no save system. I can't tell you the number of times I reached the guy that gives you the shadow gun, only to end up dying and having to start from the beginning, making my way over there.
- I wouldn't have so much of a problem with the egg creatures if they didn't stop following you. I understand if you get too far away that they'll stop following you, but they've been pretty close to me when they decide to just stop. It's hard to trap them when this keeps happening.
- Why is it that the island where you get the shadow gun only has one guy burst out of an egg at a time while the island with the block that shoots shadows has two pop out? Surprise is not something players want to see in a game where they need to start over when they die (you're basically punishing the player for playing your game as any person as any new person to the game would play it). This also is a bad idea since the island provide very little room for running away from the egg creature so the player can't react very well to the "surprise".
- Why is health so hard to find in a game where it is easy to make mistakes and get too close to the shadows? It'd be cool if there was a place where the player could recharge; it would be a reward for not sucking at the game (don't suck so much and you won't have to retrace your steps to recharge your health).
- Why isn't there a way to recall both glowy things? There will always be one out at all times (the player can wait for it to appear back in his/her inventory, but that's annoying)? Having both of them would allow for a quick path creation to help trap the creatures.
I know you only had 3 days to make this, but it's just extremely frustrating with the travel, reseting, and combat system. All that aside, do have to say that it's one of the best games from the ludum dare 42.
Thanks for making it. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I've played it and I liked it. It took me a while to find all the sigils. I've beaten it though I'm not sure the dev mode works as I was told that I could delete things by pressing the delete button, but I'm not able to delete anything.
Other than that, my only complaint is that the load time for some areas is longer than I'm used to.
I followed your directions and there was nothing in that room. I went to the room opposite of it and saw this key. Do you mean this one? Because it doesn't work for the door (also, it has the same name as one of the three keys on the top floor).
Hello, I got all the keys, but one of the doors on the second floor next to a door for the generator room won't open (I wanted to know if that specific door can be opened? Is the key hidden somewhere?)