The latest Android build is now available on Itch. Unfortunately I don't have any recent devices to test it on, but at least it seems to work fine on Samsung S7 edge.
Recent community posts
Unfortunately I wasn't able to figure out what caused the error, but your save did have one uncollected secret item left in the fire stage. You need to reveal hidden blocks with Sonar Wave to get to it.
PS. I thought I fixed that typo already, but must have forgotten about it.
This might require some digging, but I’ll see if I can find what caused it. Thanks for the bug report.
- New chapter: Earth
- Astronauts and their spaceship
- Sliding gates
- Redesigned course 2-3: The old one wasn't really up to standards
- New chapter: Asteroid Field
- Traffic lights
- Doors requiring multiple triggers to open
- Push button improvements
- Bug fixes
- Extra Push
- New chapter: Neptune
- Gas planets
- Solar wind
- Course preview
- Some minor bugfixes
- Note: This update deletes your existing save file
Thanks for your feedback!
I'll have to fix that typo :)
Almost all of the issues you mentioned were a result of priorization. The project had already taken too long, so some stuff was simply left out / done as mvp to save time. Nice to hear that the things I actually spent a lot time on were to your liking.
New in version 1.1.3
- Game Over and Load game now reset extra lives and ammo. There was a bug introduced in 1.1 that caused the Game Over to not reset lives.
- Disabled boss key (ESC)
Send an email instead and I'll hook you up with a key. You can find the address from invisibletile.com
New in version 1.1.1
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to crash on some systems after the intro cinematic
New in version 1.1
- 3 save files
- Settings screen
- New hidden items
- Game statistics
- Various small fixes and tweaks
Afaik, only .NET, DirectX and the %appdata% folder.
Unfortunately SharpDX TK is Windows only, so porting to Linux would mean porting the game to MonoGame first. Shouldn't be too complicated, but probably not worth the effort.
New in version 1.0.1
- Fixed "Continue" option not showing up on the Main menu. The game is meant to be challenging, but having no saves would be a bit too harsh ;)
In a nutshell, Giga Girl is a classic NES Mega Man -like action platformer. The whole game started as a Mega Man remake project, so chances are that if you're into the original MM games then you're going to love GG too.
The game features 16-bit-ish pixel art, precise controls, classic gaming difficulty, awesome chiptune soundtrack, cool secrets*, full gamepad support and of course some hot robot on robot platformer action.
Giga Girl is not a very long game, but it's unlikely that you'll finish it in one go. It took 10 hours (on average) for our fearless test players of Mega Man veterans to beat the game. The lenght of the game has also been considered in the pricing.
I hope you will have as much fun playing Giga Girl as I did making it :)
Markus / Solo dev / Invisible tile
*) Can you find them all?