don't know yet, thinking about design...
Recent community posts
It would be great, I'm going to create tutorials section on the TIC website in the future.
For now you can post it on the Wiki https://github.com/nesbox/tic.computer/wiki/tutorials and we'll move them to the official website later.
So, I tried to design a fantasy computer with a fantasy specification, don't know, I just liked 240x136 and it is very close to 16:9, and yes, we need to fit 8x8 tiles. I agree, 256x144 looks like more reasonable choice, but It's too late to change the resolution :) people already made a lot of games for TIC80 and they will break.
I think fantasy consoles designed for tiny games and you have to choose normal game making tool like Unity or Game Maker If your ambitions doesn't fit current limitations
Thanks and sorry for delay with the response :)
- TIC has only 64K of Lua code, you have to be smart if you need more, you can use store your code in map area and use 'loadstring' function fro example
- persistent memory has 28 bytes length, pmem operates with 4byte integers, so there are 7 slots available
- yes, it's possible, I can make TIC-80 Pro which can export games without TIC mentioning and access to the code/graphics editors
- I'm not good at tutorials/documentation and etc. maybe one day someone will do this for us :)
- yes, WIP section is intended for this purpose
yes, you can access sprite memory using peek/poke functions
here is an example how get/set spritesheet pixel
btn() returns true all the time (if button pressed), will be true-true-true-true-false-true
btnp() returns true only one time, when button was just pressed, will be true-false-false-false-false-true
So, yes, TIC80 is designed to make tiny games and it will break all the limitations if I'll remove code limit (you will be able to load all the graphics from the code/text).
pls choose another dev tool, like Unity or Game Maker If you want to develop a really big game
PS. there is a second variant, TIC will be opensorced soon and you'll be able to fork it and make your own console or remove the limitations
Sorry for the delay with the response