Hi there! ^^
I'm getting back to you 7 months later - maye you missed the message ^^
Is there any chance to get all of your itch.io packs (even free ones) in a sale bundle, to both support and have access to your work, horror ad not? :)
Alessandro "NeatWolf" Salvati
Recent community posts
Hi there! ^^
Maybe the preview on itch.io is not correct: Are these effects monochrome instead of being in greyscale?
Is there any chance you could create a single (paid) bundle with all your works? :)
I see, thanks for your reply. I was probably asking for something out of scope for a PSX-like engine - per-texel lighting is far from common!
I'd have another question but I'm going to make it on the correct page (the PS1 engine: are the material graphs available for us to be customized? I'm assuming you're using a master material?).
When I watched the demo I couldn't but notice the Red Cross usage: maybe not you, but someone using that model could get into a few issues - I speak for personal experience :P
It's an easy oversight but the red cross is veeery easy to trigger (Even Quake had to replace that symbol).
I was in the process of creating my own "retro" system with 5.3 but if I can save time and have a tested solution, I'm definitely taking a little shortcut :)
Just for clarity's sake: this is not intended to be used as "game engine" right? It's most for displaying single meshes (so, not a world) if I got it right.
How does this compare to your PSX engine?
I wouldn't mind a middle-ground solution able to merge retro aesthetics with modern features (volumetric shadows, GI via lumen).
Have you considered implementing per-texel lighting and multiple light support?
Hi there! Have you tested the pack in Unreal? When I switched from Unity I assumed importing packages wouldn't have been an issue but Unreal is pretty picky with naming, pivots, and sometimes face continuity :/
Wouldn't mind paying extra if it imported with less effort
Hi there! I'm a bit confused about what each pack contains - I also see there's an "Essential" package, but at the same price - which is a bit confusing.
Is this the bundle that contains all your works here on itch.io?
Is there such a thing as a paid package?
Would be interesting to have some sort of "subscription" pack that contains all your works so far and that gets regularly updated. I'd be interested in it :)
Some second by second feedback:
- Fullscreen: I'd love to get to fullscreen immediately when playing a windows game Alt+Enter and F4 don't work. What is the shortcut?
- Options: I started the game hoping to set it in the options menu but there's no options menu?
- The main menu - feels more like a media page - add Options, New Game/Continue/Quit instead.
- The media icons are way too small to be immediately recognizable
- The 3 hi-res coins feel out of place: have some chonky gold coins instead
- I'm still struggling to get it in fullscreen. Argh! 😅
- As a player I'm getting thrown straight in the game with no menu. The keybndings are shown behind the coins.
- I'm playing the game aimlessly: "is there going to be an exit?"
- Ok, exiting from any exit and trying to get to the previous room just generates a new random room. This makes having 4 exits pointless. Maybe just teleport the player to the next arena, or have some stairs appear somewhere?
- Have a counter of fights to beat before meeting the boss
- A few enemies spread projectiles in a way that is unfair to the player - they're too close to each other and the player's pretty big.
- I like how shooting enemies telegraph their ranged attack
- I leveled up while shooting and my shotgun flew away from the screen O_O
- I'm losing track of where I'm pointing. I'm in 4K so maybe add a fading out pixelated white line pointing towards the mouse?
- Wait, there's a base? I wished I had known about it before - Maybe start the game from there?
- Pressing E on "Inf." and "Week" does nothing?
- Definitely - start the game on the base 😅 It gives the player a bit more context
- With so little health, why are you using a health bar instead of individual hits icons?
- I died while fighting a boss and instead of having the chance to get back to the base a 3 second countdown happened, making my whole run useless: did the "Retry" button appear while I was shooting and it automatically got my mousedown event as a click? Please wait for a mouseup to happen at least once before accepting any clicks on the UI ;)
- Please fully cover the door entrances when the doors are locked: those crevices are little traps. This also means teleporting the player further inside the room when switching room.
- Please add 1/1.5 seconds of delay to the player before letting enemies attack. Sometimes their positioning is a bit unfair.
- I'm not entirely convinced by the dash. Without it, the game's a bit too hard. But, you can keep it pressed and you're basically a ninjia swooping from one side of the room to another. Maybe have a longer cooldown and require the dash button to be released for the cooldown to start. Maybe reduce the distance it covers? (it doesn't pair too well with spikes) Add more "stacks" of dash to be used?
The game's promising but needs some work to smooth the player loop. Maybe a story, even if a simple one? A clearer endgame condition? So far it's a bit too open ended and it really feels like random rooms chained for no particular reason.
I fear this asset has been abandoned, which is a shame :(
I really wanted it to work on HDRP.
I think I discovered it was a shader "baked" with the use of "Better Shaders" by Jason Booth from the Asset Store, but since we don't have the source files for it, there's no way to export it for different pipelines...
Hey hey! I finally found this page again - I forgot the name of the game, apologies!
May I suggest adding a link to wishlist the game on Steam? I don't want to miss the launch, I have high expectations from this game!
I love the stylised look you could get by using MRMOTEXT by Mrmo (https://mrmotarius.itch.io/mrmotext) and Playscii - I was wondering if there was any chance of porting the image-to-tile conversion to Unity, maybe as a postFX - as a paid asset?
I've barely scratched the surface of the program and I understand you may not have time for this - if so, could you please point me in the right direction to where in the source code you're doing the conversion? Thanks :)
hi! Thanks for the link but maybe my request wasn't clear enough.
That is a collection of 10 characters.
Many creators here create special "Bundles", group of assets, containing several packs, that can be bought in bulk by paying them once. Typically there's a little discount since you're buying the licenses for all of your assets.
That's something Itch.io lets you create. For instance, you could decide a price for everything on this page (https://bdragon1727.itch.io/) and let people purchase every asset in that page by paying once a price of your choice.
I'd gladly pay to not have any headaches while using the set - it looked so cute!
...I wished to use it in procedural generation - it's ok for prototyping but having to patch it up excludes other kind of usages :(
I'm not a fan of "leeching" from patreons (that is, subscribing once just to get the assets) - is there another way to get the full mystery characters (including the Orc Warband mini-pack)?
Would you be comfortable adding for Patreons the mystery pack here on itch.io along with the Orc Warband mini-pack?
Or, are you ok with the "leeching" behaviour (some patreons are)?
Are the mistery characters available as a single download on Patreon?
As long as I was employed (game dev) I had no issues with supporting as many creators I could.
Now with the recent mass layoffs... it's getting complicated :/
What about making those downloads available on itch.io to those who donate here 5(or a value of your choice) dollars or more? (it should be almost equivalent, fees and taxation included)
Is there any chance to have a paid version of the asset that is not CCAttribution?
I have no problem crediting you, but in some cases it may not be possible (by customer request mainly).
A Unity Asset Store (paid) version (with Unity's standard licensing) would be very welcome as well!
Hi there! Is there any chance you're going to convert this to Shadergraph (thus covering both URP and HDRP - I heard even the base built-in rendering pipeline supports that now)?
something like a node to be used in shadergraph would be also nice.
Personally I managed to get everything but the affine texture mapping done.
I'm talking about a paid package of course! :)
I understand you may be busy on other projects to release a new pack - any help to port it to URP/HDRP is still appreciated as believe we got almost past the point where there's no more reason to use the legacy pipeline - assets excluded ;)
Love the pics! Any chance to have a (paid, maybe) URP version of the shader? (or even HDRP if you're going to use Shadergraph).
Are your assets on the Asset Store as well? I'd rather get them from there, even if you have to add 30% to the base cost because of Unity's share :)
Hi, I don't know which technique you used but - is there any way you could implement smooth (distance based blur) shadows? or even with constant antialiasing? That's one of the biggest limitations of URP 2D lighting so far :/
They're a bit out of sync with the versions on the Asset Store.
Is there any chance to have them working with the newest full screen postFX node - possibly enabling the effects in HDRP as well?
Nice! Actually the list I wrote above could easily be for a Castlevania-like project as well :D
(well, apart from the bunny, but could be a bloodthirsty bunny :P )
I'm hoping you're working a similar style with the Metroidvania pack!
Certainly 32x32 begins to feel a bit tight for this asset as well!
I completely missed the undead one, I'm going to have a look right now.
May I suggest to change the cover of your 32x32 assets so that they also include a hint about how the sprites look like? I believe a lot of people, when searching for sprites, may skip that as it rather looks a game :(
Don't get me wrong: I like the covers, it's just my 2 cents since I easily missed it because of that!
May I suggest adding some tiny single-frame shards to the collection? (to be used as projectiles). 8 directions (or, 5, mirrored) would be bliss ^_^
I was thinking about a very fast projectile, maybe leaving an trail of shimmering particles or of falling icicles (animated separatedly, to be spawned by the game engine)
Thanks, sounds great! I didn't notice there was a free tier ^^
Still hoping you're willing to create a medieval characters 1+2+3+4+5+6 bundle, I'd get it right away (also, more practical than buying each pack separately) ^^
Loving the extra smooth anims and crisp style of these packs!
Awww, this pack is lovely!
Is there any chance you could create a second bundle with similar style and proportions? The other 3D-like packs you have here are a bit too specific to mix-match with them :(
E.g.: skeletons, thief, female char, pig-man, werewolf, wolf, bat, bear, lich, bunny
Hi! Apologies for commenting yet another asset of yours! ^_^"
I saw this spritesheet in a mixed bundle (cyberpunk/fantasy/backgrounds) and I was wondering if you also had a bundle with just the RPG characters - that would help in keeping purchases separated ^^
Loving the smoothness of the skeleton archer walk loop!
Just wondering tho: are the ground shadows baked into the spritesheets?
Is there any chance to make the shadows optional? (thus allowing the sprites to be used in 2.5D or other context as well - such as slopes)