Now it's working - Guess Chrome had "one of his moments" :D
It's SO much better now, love both the sound direction and the OST!
A bit unforgiving sometimes - the pacing feels so good tho!
I don't know if the waves are randomly generated but, if you feel like working on it some more, a few unrequested notes:
- sometimes a powerup gest completely hidden by an enemy on the lower row. (getting drawn additively?)
- would be nice to have the cooldowns in a place way closer to the player (or, on the player?)
- more feedback on the row or rows your next shoot is going to be (1 to 3 subtle 1-pixel lines with some dim flashing?)
- persistent upgrades (coins->shop->next play).
- a health bar and also lives, I was confused at first. Not because I've never seen one, but wasn't immediate to understand if the lives were the enemies getting to the base, or the health was my player's . Yet sometimes the only way to kill an enemy assaulting the base is to - go kamikaze on it?
- initially a higher chance of the bonuses being closer to the "home" cells
- colour coding (or adding some feedback) about each enemy's internal count state (when there's many it gets out of control).
- The online leaderboard seems to be filled with billions of entries with the same name - can you spam your name every time you press submit? :P
Just my feedback - other players may have completely different ones! :)
Keep up with the great work! :)