1. Hi there! What's your name? Want to introduce yourself?
Hello all, my name is Luke. I'm a software engineer, I grew up with it and have been working professionally for the last 10+ years.
2. Did you participate in the last jam we held? If so, what do you plan on doing better this time? If not, what's your reason for joining?
I did not as I wasn't aware of it.
Favourite games, I have a lot of those. But I'll list 10 in no particular order:
- Sim City 2000
- Cities Skylines
- Half-Life Series
- Portal 1/2
- Final Fantasy VII/XII
- Wipeout Series
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert
- Dwarf Fortress
- Dungeon Keeper 1/2
Early on I was inspired by Final Fantasy VII and came up with some ideas around stories for an RPG type game. More recently I have been inspired by Dwarf Fortress and would really love to take on a project of that scope even if it goes nowhere but my own PC.
4. Do you have experience with game development? What did you do/with what engine?
I do not.
5. Tell us about something you're passionate about!
I love programming, I've been doing it for as long as I can remember and I've wanted to develop a game for a while.
6. What are your goals for this game jam?
I think I mostly just want to learn from it, I don't really have an end goal of "I need a finished game that can be played".
7. Any advice to new jammers (if you're a veteran)?
Not a veteran