Hello, you small group of people who follow this game. Here's some tidbits regarding the 1.0 release. I got the gaming PC up and running, and upgraded from GM8 to Game Maker Studio 2. I've been learning the ins-and-outs, but things are looking fabulous so far.
- Hitboxes for furniture are more refined (and smaller). You can now walk *behind* objects to a degree, so there's much more leeway.
- If you find a specific hidden item of which there is only 1 per floor, the fog dissipates for the remainder of that floor.
- Lore and dialogue is presented between each floor, adding more story elements.
- Rutledge didn't have bathrooms. Now it does. And they're nasty.
- Tile texture redone to match the camera angle.
- All walls, furniture, and tile textures are now more defined and easier to see. (Furniture doesn't blend into the floor).
- Refined item and furniture placement and some levels redesigned a bit.
- Now available in fullscreen or windowed (window also resizable and no more weird scaling effect)
- Many, many other things.
All in all, I've been updating MITY to the new software, with which I have no limits now. In GM8 I was severely limited. If the game got too big, the program would crash. If what I added was too complex, it would crash. Now, MITY can truly grow. Look forward to more update notes and the road to the final.