HALLOWEEN 2017 DEMO AVAILABLE
Miracle Blade Chan
Recent community posts
Work on MITY has been going swimmingly. Whatwith the nice, smoothness, and no-limits nature of the new engine (no loading times, no lagging, etc) as well as all the new spriting and features added, I will be releasing a new demo on the 22nd. It will be posted here as an update on the main page. Look forward to it!
Hello people who follow this game that is basically unknown. You faithful few.
Development on MITY is continuing as fast as ever. Some latest additions, to keep you up to date:
- There are now floor maps on most floors to help guide you, but you shouldn't rely on them too much.
- New floor textures.
- New bathroom floor textures.
- Many new types of furniture.
- Improved hit boxes on furniture and furniture that previously could not be walked "behind" can now be walked behind.
- New aggressive furniture types.
- Outdoor area has been revamped...its much MUCH better now, and shorter, and less confusing.
- On death, there is a text that reveals the name of the creature or hazard that killed you.
- Improved item placement.
- All documents laying on the floor can be viewed, randomized from a list of 100+ real historical medical and occult documents, but desk documents will remain to be story and lore-related only.
- In between floors there is a longer break of silence, and text of Daughter talking about her life.
- Completely new and never before seen textures, floor tiles, furniture, and wall types different from any previous floor, beginning on Floor 11.
- A new Guardian entity that actively hunts and attempts to trick and trap the player throughout the floor.
- Improved hitbox detection in the House areas. No more invisible blocky placeholder barriers - collision boxes are precise and some items and furniture can be walked behind. It looks very neat.
- No more Restart Floor bugs. Instead of starting at the beginning of the floor, the loading screen previous to that floor is loaded instead, so the Floor is completely restarted, meaning instances that are randomized like enemy placements, types, colors, wall types, furniture types, and etc are re-rolled. For some reason there were game-breaking bugs with the Restart Floor not re-loading properly.
- Special event when the 2 headed child skeleton "Okubili" is defeated. Good luck figuring out how to properly defeat him, but it can be done. This method was discovered on accident, incidentally.
- Other small things.
Keep following and I'll keep you all updated! I have a lot of sprite work still to do, and I'm not that GREAT at spriting, or rather, it takes me a LONG time, so I can't give a proper 100% MITY completion date. I will also need testers and stuff. But rest assured, the game is progressively becoming better than ever. It's my hope that it will become something big, one day.
Hello, you small group of people who follow this game. Here's some tidbits regarding the 1.0 release. I got the gaming PC up and running, and upgraded from GM8 to Game Maker Studio 2. I've been learning the ins-and-outs, but things are looking fabulous so far.
- Hitboxes for furniture are more refined (and smaller). You can now walk *behind* objects to a degree, so there's much more leeway.
- If you find a specific hidden item of which there is only 1 per floor, the fog dissipates for the remainder of that floor.
- Lore and dialogue is presented between each floor, adding more story elements.
- Rutledge didn't have bathrooms. Now it does. And they're nasty.
- Tile texture redone to match the camera angle.
- All walls, furniture, and tile textures are now more defined and easier to see. (Furniture doesn't blend into the floor).
- Refined item and furniture placement and some levels redesigned a bit.
- Now available in fullscreen or windowed (window also resizable and no more weird scaling effect)
- Many, many other things.
All in all, I've been updating MITY to the new software, with which I have no limits now. In GM8 I was severely limited. If the game got too big, the program would crash. If what I added was too complex, it would crash. Now, MITY can truly grow. Look forward to more update notes and the road to the final.
Hi Poeple, been a while since I posted here. A lot has happened since the last post so I thought I'd tl'dr here.
I got the gaming PC up and running, but it was broke. Took it to the shop. Got it fixed. Tried to continue developing MITY, couldnt. Gaming PC was strong yes, but the program I've been using is too old. Bought the new modern studio version for $100. Couldnt import MITY to the new program. Had to get 2 in-between version and import them in between them until I got it to the Studio version. Syntax errors and name errors due to new updated software and language. Spent about 2 days fixing those. Got them fixed. Tested MITY. Lots of things still broken....like the Bell, Wisps, triggers, layers, etc.
So basically, since then I've been getting MITY updated to the new software and running properly. Now I can start fully adding new content. As I said before, there won't be any spoilers or teasers until the final version comes out. But, I am still looking for testers. Be sure to check out my discord as well!
I've been slowly working on MITY since 0.7. I've acquired a high specs gaming pc, but I'm having issues getting it up and running. The laptop I've been using all this time for MITY dev is kind of running out of juice, it is sort of old and doesn't have high specs (it's not really meant for gaming or gaming dev.) Once I have the gaming PC going though, I'll be moving MITY dev to that glorious thing and proceed to finish MITY. There'll be no more teasers or screenshots until 1.0 comes out, but I'll still be looking for glitch testers and spook-quality-checkers along the way. (Also sprites, still, somewhat). If you're interested shoot me a message on discord. I've been thinking about making a MITY discord server, but I'm not sure yet. I'll post more updates in this thread in the future. Feel free to message me if ya want.
Edit: Heres the discord
Server invite link: https://discord.gg/NKtSEJ8
Version 0.7 (Yes, I know we skipped 0.6) will be released in a few days. Features in 0.7 will include:
- A definitive session-to-session save system.
- Load your saved game from the main menu.
- Candles, keys, iron switches, and the beginning of every level is a savepoint.
- If you end up with an infinite-death loop of a save (i.e. pinned against a wall by a monster) there is now an option at the death screen to "Restart Floor". This will overwrite your previous save by starting the floor over.
- Daughter and other characters and monsters have more animations.
- No more moonwalking Daughter.
- No more crouching-combat-slide-manuever Daughter. (Basically, movement has been fixed).
- New furniture, like file cabinets, wheelchairs facing different directions, floating vases, etc.
- Secret monsters hidden in corners of certain floors.
- Not a "new" feature, but the secret Mario-esque floor skips are still pretty cool.
- Not much in any way, but as you progress further in the game, in the loading screens, Daughter will rise up.
- Other small behind the scenes obscure things.
Also, if you would like to contact me directly for feedback, etc, you are more than welcome to message me on Discord!
Miracle Blade Chan#8577
I am actually looking for maybe some spriters and perhaps a group of QA testers, if anyone is interested. I have made this game entirely by myself, so it gets a little lonely sometimes. n.n Look forward to 0.7!
I don't like posting game updates very often, since I like having 1 definitive version in circulation, but it seems 0.6 will need some specific refinements, as the game itself is still dauntingly difficult. In 0.6, hopefully the final update before the final version:
- Facewalls will no longer add to the noise threshold that spawns the Black Mist/angers the Bell of Souls/aggros the Twins, etc. It was never clear that they did, so we'll keep them for spooks only. Also, they'll always appear with the noticeable sprite (it was random if they were a blank wall or had a face for warning). At that, the Facefloors will not cause "sound", either (and will also be more noticeable).
- Working on implementing session-to-session save files. Candleabras will also be implemented as checkpoints, if possible.
- More variety to furniture and walls.
- Small level layout changes.
- More downtime for the OwlMan's "asleep" state.
If you have ideas or suggestions, leave them here!