If I buy the full game here will I get a Steam key?
Recent community posts
Nano Space plays fine for me, and when I first open Ore Miner 2 it displays everything fine, but as soon as I load a world it goes all weird like in the picture I posted, and if I escape out of it, all the menus look like that too.
Thank you for trying, but I still think there's an issue with this: "Our actual idea is to make the a game about a guy who cannot feel romantic love then surpasses this to end the story in good terms." This promotes the idea that being aromantic is bad and it's better to experience romantic feelings than not. It sounds like you're saying that a person can't be "in good terms" if they're aromantic, which is still a problem. Many aromantic people still have strong friendships and other bonds with people, and find fulfillment in that. But still, thank you for trying to understand and listening to me!
There's still some issues with how you're referring to aromanticism as something people "cope" with or "overcome". Aromanticism is an identity, not a "condition." There is nothing bad about being aromantic. Please talk to some actual aromantic people if you want to make this game not offensive.
I tried running the game and got the following:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.
Before loading the script.
Exception: Couldn't find file '._archive.rpi'.
-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------
File "/Volumes/STORE N GO/Mon-cuties-0.5-mac/Mon-cuties.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 295, in bootstrap
File "/Volumes/STORE N GO/Mon-cuties-0.5-mac/Mon-cuties.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/main.py", line 300, in main
File "/Volumes/STORE N GO/Mon-cuties-0.5-mac/Mon-cuties.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/loader.py", line 163, in index_archives
fn = transfn(prefix + ".rpi")
File "/Volumes/STORE N GO/Mon-cuties-0.5-mac/Mon-cuties.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/loader.py", line 615, in transfn
raise Exception("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
Exception: Couldn't find file '._archive.rpi'.
I'm using a Mac, trying to run the game from a flash drive.
First of all, this sounds awesome! I think I met you at GaymerX last year and I still have some swag related to your game. But I must know, will there be a Mac build? All I have access to now is a Mac.
Haven't gotten as much done as I would have liked, but the deadline's been extended a day, so I still have this much left to do in less than 2 days:
- Write 2 random events
- Write 6 class periods
- Draw sprites for 2 counsellor characters (or 7 characters (4 counsellors and 3 friends) if I want to replace all the placeholder sprites)
- Finish auditorium background
- Find some photos for a few short scene backgrounds
- All the maybes are out for now
This seems much more doable now!
Well, I've made a lot of progress on writing, fixing transitions and transforms, and did some art fixes. I'm 26,000 words in, including placeholders to be expanded.
Still To Do:
- Write 3.5 random events (so far I've written half of one and plotted out in detail the other 26 for the full game)
- Write 12 class periods (so far I've written 4 and planned the rest for the full game)
- Write 3 class skipping events (so far I've written 1)
- Finish sprites for 4 friend characters, player character, 4 teachers, and 4 counsellors
- Finish drawing auditorium background
- Maybe: work on original background art
- Maybe: work on minigames for ability classes
YIKES! I've got a lot to finish in like ten days. But I've got the gist of what I need to finish for the demo to be done in time. I'll release it even if it's not totally done though; I'll just leave in the placeholders. The main structure is all done.
Here's some screenshots of the game as it is currently. I'll probably be done with an introductory demo by today or tomorrow. (And yes, I'm aware the character in the screenshot looks like Danny Phantom with purple hair. It wasn't intentional.)
Gahhhh! Why am I joining another game jam??? I'm already doing Yuri Jam, but I couldn't help myself. So instead of doing something big and in-depth like with Yuri Jam, I'm doing a much shorter, less complicated visual novel about asexual superheroes with "useless" powers who get their turn to save the day.
Right now I have a few character ideas:
- Protagonist: Julia Estevez, a.k.a. The Gray Lady, biromantic gray-asexual, healing powers
- Greg Watson, a.k.a. The Human Plant, gay demisexual, controls plant growth
- Emily Peters, a.k.a. Ace of Hearts, aromantic asexual, emotion manipulation powers
- Wilma Long, a.k.a. Cake Girl, biromantic asexual, heat vision (but is a pacifist and refuses to use her powers offensively)
They all go to a superhero high school in Astra City, MD. The plot begins with them meeting in the school's GSA, getting placed together in a squad at the bottom of the school charts, and end up assigned to community service. While they're out cleaning up the city and doing good deeds, a supervillain attacks the school with a hypno ray! They may be the only ones left who can save their school!