Thanks for your review and tweet! As mentioned on Twitter, I believe you played the original demo, so I hope you try out the latest one and leave another review :) I'd be interested in knowing what you thought improved between the two and what, if anything, you thought regressed.
Recent community posts
Hey, thanks for your kind words and for reviewing the updated demo! I hope to see this finished in the future as well :D
You have some nice ideas here that I will certainly keep in mind. Some of them are already on the list, but here are my thoughts about each of them anyways:
- changing clothing already exists, however, you are technically equipping armor instead of clothing and there is only 1 option currently... if you make it far enough in the demo, one of the shop owners will give it to you
- the plan is to have a lot of unique weapons one day.. right now there are 5, but hopefully will end up with 24+ unique and 100+ variations (different stats/abilities)
- an inventory is planned (here's an old preview of a mockup, though looking at this now makes me want to redesign it) and being able to hold both a melee/range weapon is also planned (i'm thinking left click will be melee and right click will be range)
- potions/looting i'm still unsure of, but certainly a possibility
- there's definitely going to be a mini-map, but i like your idea about having to purchase it from one of the shop owners... that seems like a cool/fun thing for players to unlock
- a better layout for shop owners is planned.. there will be a main town outside the dungeon where all the shops are / additional NPCs
- mini quests for the shop owners i have never thought of, but sounds interesting as well.. perhaps there could be a "daily achievement" type of shop where you go to get gold for killing X amount of enemies in one day, etc.
- mixing up the dungeon floors/rooms is something planned as well.. definitely a lot of room for improvement there
Thanks again for the review and list of ideas! I very much appreciate it and is always nice to receive feedback.
What is it?
GoE is a retro dungeon crawler roguelike featuring four dungeons, dozens of weapons/spells, character progression, permadeath and more!
Where is it?
Itch.io page: https://legitgames.itch.io/glyphs
Kickstarter 'Pay What You Want' campaign: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/legitgames/glyphs-of-eldamir-a-pay-what-you...
How's it look?