So...is there any way to start as a female character, or penis only?
Recent community posts
In past demos, I think I've struggled more with the enemies in part 2 more than the bosses! I'll give it a shot today to see how things go.
(There was a bug I'd found in previous versions but haven't confirmed it in this one yet, I will keep you posted!)
Off to a good start!
Right now the respawn simply puts you back at the main menu, checkpoints may be good for the next pass.
I don't know if it was intended, but you can press the first button multiple times in a row, which spawns several slimes.
The second tree in the big room cannot be de-leafed!
The spritework is fun, and honestly I really enjoyed the bits you have so far.
HP resets after every fight, so it's..very difficult to actually lose now!
Also: the new battle interface, I feel like it's missing a "do nothing" action. Not even a Defend.
Items also don't restart every playthrough, but I'm sure you've noticed that. The stats sometimes also don't reset...
But I do like the new UI, I'm just curious why there's infinite HP lol.
Hey, neat little idea! Though I couldn't seem to jump up to the top of the platform in the forest area? Looks like a boss arena, but my jump wasn't able to get high enough to get up the last step.
I'm so glad to finally play this demo! Been looking forward to it for years! Had a blast, so feedback time I suppose!
* I got stuck in the house because I could hardly see the outline of the door; may I suggest an up arrow icon whenever Mel stands by a door she can go in/out?
* Clunky ladder/jump physics are...actually super welcome. I'm glad that Mel feels like a heavy android and moves somewhat slowly.
*I definitely feel like there should be a checkpoint between getting the gun (which requires some puzzle solving) and a puzzle involving spikes and buzzsaws? It felt like there was a long stretch between checkpoints, and no one likes to re-solve long puzzles!
* I did enjoy the tricky puzzles though!
* Missing a jump from the top of the silos is a clever (if unintentional) way of implementing a death pit without actually having a death pit (because you take fall damage, get shot and immediately blown up by a grup), and I just want to respect that.
* For the boss, it feels like Mel's crouching shot SHOULD go underneath the boss (to help kill the crawlers), but it doesn't, so there can be a crawler hiding behind the boss sprite. Just an annoyance, really.
Overall, solid demo! Can't wait to see more!
I actually ran into a problem where sometimes I would press left (or right) and they would simply...not push the cage, and I lose all my momentum. It's probably related to the timing/momentum calculation (that is, I noticed you can't push left while the cage is moving right), although maybe the timing between the cages?