Yeah go for it
Big The Dave
Recent community posts
Hey, don't worry about it. Some of the best games have boss themes that go hard long after any boss fight would have been beaten by even the most casual player :D
Aaand now I just want to listen to Sonic Generations 3DS Big Arms music. 3 minutes 30 long, that boss fight lasts for about 80 seconds max.
It's got a drop at 3 minutes in
I'd echo the sentiments of the other reviews here about the slippery controls.
There were plenty of times I felt like I should have been in the right position to hit the target - but wasn't - or required a tiny micro adjustment and ended up overshooting it.
If I were looking to improve this I'd maybe think about locking the player to a number of discrete 'lanes' and letting a single tap side-step you between them.
Other than that the graphics and audio were fine. I also agree you could look into using something other than the default font just for polish.
There are plenty of indie font makers out there that have both paid-for and free versions of their fonts. I really like SomePx or ChevyRay's pixel font packs.
Nice game. Only thing I'd suggest is that your large size have a more forgiving jump detection, especially since some of the jumps require precise timing and if you're just over the half-way point of being on or off a platform you can't jump at all.
Might want to look into coyote jumping for your next game if you want to implement more responsive jump controls
Played a bunch of games today.
- Beatwise Trigger. Great concept, not quite Crypt of the Necrodancer, and you don't get any kind of punishment for missing the beat (so you can just spam the keys), but otherwise really good. Standout game for me.
- Frozen Helm was also a standout. Kind of janky platforming mechanics (could do with some coyote time on those jumps) but otherwise excellent.
- Isaia 1314, short but fast paced SHMUP.
- Spire Gamble. Took a bit to figure out the mechanics, even reading the instructions on the page, but once I got into it it was fun.
- Abandoned Bog. Simple adventure game. I saved the dog and ignored the ghost. I ain't doing busy work for no ghost.
- Stabby Hellion. Fun concept once you get used to it. But if you press X at any point it takes you out of the game and puts you in the introduction cutscene and you have to start again
There were a few other games that either weren't finished (just had a placeholder in there) or were really basic, or *really* frustrating to play.
Made in a week during AGDQ for the Games Made Quick game jam.
New School, New Town, New Language.
Eva's gone to Japan as a Foreign Exchange student, but doesn't know the language! Help her explore her new school and learn Japanese in the process!
f̡̧̛̯̺̦͉̱̯͓̻̖͎͇̹͍͚̪ͩͤͫͤ͠͠ẻ̴̤̩͈̻̥̬̮̳͉͗̐ͯͭ͘͢͡e͌̊͌͒̏ͤ͏̢̟̼͓̝̜̥̠̼̼̠͜͞͞ͅͅͅͅd̸̢̟̰͈̭̫̹̙̺̥̯͓͇̻̝̪̗̱̝̑ͣͪ͘ ̵̯̠̹͓̮͓̪̤̹̘̳͋̈͂́̈́̄ͪͫͮ̆ͯ̓ͧͦ̐͛ͭ́̚̕̕͡ͅm̴̶̡̧̤͎͇͕̜͙̩͚̺̥̗̯̜͉̝͓͎̤͉ͨ̐͌̋͑̒̑̒ͯ̓̓ͩ̈́̌̔̈́ͥͧ̚͘e̴̛̜͙̝̣̘̥̭̻ͯ̾̌ͬ͊͐̒ͥ̏̿ͬͦ̿̇̈ͦ͛̋́̚̕ ̶̨̧̞̭͔̦̣͈͚̬͍͓̝͇̭̰͇̰̣ͫͭ̓̅͘f̵̟̙̭̤͍͕̞̜̥͕̳̒̇̈ͦ̓ͪ̈̋̌̆̀̈̕͞ͅȅ͛͒̍͊̎̏ͯͭ̈́ͨ̌͑ͫ͋ͬ́̃͏̛̼͉̬͕͈̤͉̩̺̮͓̰́͢ͅe̞͖̱͙͈̘̬͇̳̲͖̥̖̔͗ͫ́̓̆ͧ͆͗̈̍ͪ̾ͩ́̋͞͡d̨̩͉͇̗͕̻̙̻̰̗̆̂̐ͤ̎̐͋̈́ͭ͞͝ ͆ͨ̐ͤ͊̆̓̓̑͐̃̀͏̻̠͉̱̮̘̱ͅm̨̢̛͖͎̱̬̞̭̂ͭ͛̕͞e̴̶͇̭͎̫̘̐́͊́̿͘ ̰̤͍̟̰̘̮̤͓̟̐͑̾̃ͦ̿͒ͨ́̕͜ͅf̑́̇̽̅͊̒̎̓́҉̢̣̙͕̤̺̭͔͜͝ḙ̻̩̗̯̰̰͔̹͉̳͎̰͓̫̋̌̈ͧ͂̿͐ͣ͆ͤ̄͂̕͜͠ͅe̢̟̺̟͙̯͕̘͉̪̝̣͆͗̓̒̿̓ͨ́͘͢͟d̷͒͛̍ͭͣ͝͡͏̷̝̣̯͔̗̞͙̪͔̯͎̫ ̧̉͗́ͥ̅̑͛͋͗͗̈́͘͏̮̣̭̹͉̖̹͕̘̮̠̘͚̜̖̱ͅͅm̻̱̘͈̼̭ͪ̂̍ͤ̊̅̀͌͂̒ͭ͑ͮ̽̆̽́e͍̬̖̠͇̓͒͒̉̔̎ͦ͘͢͡͠͞ ̺̝̯̲̲̙̱̟̠̘̞͙̹̐͊ͥͨ̀͡f̸̡͎̦͔̰̖̭͖̙̪̲̦̲̣̘͎͛ͪ͊́ë̴̢̨̛̫͇͚͕̹̝̞̜̦̤̻̠̒ͭͭͅȇ̮̦̰̥̜̮̪͔̣̼̲̹̣̙̫͙ͮ̎͛ͬ͌̄ͯ͒͑́̓͐̂ͫ̉͆̽̿̀ḑ̨̝̘̟̺̗̗̭̻̬̠͕͈̤͖͙͖̼͂͒ͨ̆̈ͣͦ̌ͬ̅̓ͨ̈́ͧ͊̈͟ͅͅ ̷̘̬͎̹̫̹̙͉͚̮̬̣̖͕̫͈̏ͩ̿͋̒ͫ̂̉͌̑ͥͩͯ́͛́͟͝ͅm̐̈́̋ͯ̃̀͢͞҉̹͈͍͈̞͇̠ě̢̢̹͖̹̬̯̯̹̗̭͈̏ͨͫ̎͋͒ͥ̎ ͫ̔̌ͥͮ͛ͤ͆̿̈̄̒͏͓̭̺̩̮̤͕̠͖̰̟̭̟f̷̧̺̜̬̳̲̤͓̘̣̿͑̂̓͋e̸̬̥̭̼̜̙͉̥͔͈̖̬̬͖̰̠͐̈́ͨ̅͠ͅͅe̶̢̤̬̥͇͕̖̟̬̩̭ͮ̋̀̋̎̓̏̒̓̂̓̽ͪͭͬͨͥ̎͜͝d̵̙̗̼̪̠̼̹̪͛͐̈́ͩ̃̿ͩ͊͗ͧ̿͘ ̡̭̩̳̭̰̣̳̟̤̦̥ͪ͐ͬͩ͒ͫ̇̿̈ͥ̋͒̿̑ͤ͒̋ͥ͠͞ͅm͍͎͔͍̞̳̻̜̣̅ͦ̒ͭ͐ͪ̑̎̋̊ͥ̓͒̀̀ͅe̵̸̟̜̩̭̮̣̘̯̲̝͆ͥ͐͐̿̄ͣ̃͡͝ ̉̓͆͊̽̎̄̇ͨ̇ͮ͂͐̒͏̠͖̣̯͍̖f̡̢̣͉̜̜̜͙͖̹̥̪͓̦̘̣͕̒ͭ͗͌̆͒̿̇͗̏̐̔̃̕͜͡ͅe̿̾ͧ̿ͯͯͤ̾̄͏̹̯̙͍̲͉͟ͅe̽ͧ͆̉ͤ͛̑̅͒͏̬̖̪̥̹̲̮͖͍̻͎̫̳͉̜͟ͅd̛̩̹̫͈̳̤̘̤̝̙̙̟̯̟̥̲͈̟͇̂ͣ͂ͥ͒́̀͗̆ͨ̊̆̆ͩ̍͞ ̊ͭͦ̒̎̈́́͋̿̂͋͋͑ͨ̔ͧ̚҉̛̮̙̲̙̝̀m̓̊ͤ̿͞҉͓͉̱̯͖̼̤͔͓̬̣̺͇̺͖͉̼e͂ͪ͐͆́̒ͧ̅̒͑͆͋̚҉̵̞̳̤̙̩͍̻̞͇͚ͅͅ ̷̛̛͍͕̝̥̱̹̖͚͋ͣ̐͢