you know itch has an edit comment button right?
Recent community posts
Played a bunch of games today.
- Beatwise Trigger. Great concept, not quite Crypt of the Necrodancer, and you don't get any kind of punishment for missing the beat (so you can just spam the keys), but otherwise really good. Standout game for me.
- Frozen Helm was also a standout. Kind of janky platforming mechanics (could do with some coyote time on those jumps) but otherwise excellent.
- Isaia 1314, short but fast paced SHMUP.
- Spire Gamble. Took a bit to figure out the mechanics, even reading the instructions on the page, but once I got into it it was fun.
- Abandoned Bog. Simple adventure game. I saved the dog and ignored the ghost. I ain't doing busy work for no ghost.
- Stabby Hellion. Fun concept once you get used to it. But if you press X at any point it takes you out of the game and puts you in the introduction cutscene and you have to start again
There were a few other games that either weren't finished (just had a placeholder in there) or were really basic, or *really* frustrating to play.
Made in a week during AGDQ for the Games Made Quick game jam.
New School, New Town, New Language.
Eva's gone to Japan as a Foreign Exchange student, but doesn't know the language! Help her explore her new school and learn Japanese in the process!
f̡̧̛̯̺̦͉̱̯͓̻̖͎͇̹͍͚̪ͩͤͫͤ͠͠ẻ̴̤̩͈̻̥̬̮̳͉͗̐ͯͭ͘͢͡e͌̊͌͒̏ͤ͏̢̟̼͓̝̜̥̠̼̼̠͜͞͞ͅͅͅͅd̸̢̟̰͈̭̫̹̙̺̥̯͓͇̻̝̪̗̱̝̑ͣͪ͘ ̵̯̠̹͓̮͓̪̤̹̘̳͋̈͂́̈́̄ͪͫͮ̆ͯ̓ͧͦ̐͛ͭ́̚̕̕͡ͅm̴̶̡̧̤͎͇͕̜͙̩͚̺̥̗̯̜͉̝͓͎̤͉ͨ̐͌̋͑̒̑̒ͯ̓̓ͩ̈́̌̔̈́ͥͧ̚͘e̴̛̜͙̝̣̘̥̭̻ͯ̾̌ͬ͊͐̒ͥ̏̿ͬͦ̿̇̈ͦ͛̋́̚̕ ̶̨̧̞̭͔̦̣͈͚̬͍͓̝͇̭̰͇̰̣ͫͭ̓̅͘f̵̟̙̭̤͍͕̞̜̥͕̳̒̇̈ͦ̓ͪ̈̋̌̆̀̈̕͞ͅȅ͛͒̍͊̎̏ͯͭ̈́ͨ̌͑ͫ͋ͬ́̃͏̛̼͉̬͕͈̤͉̩̺̮͓̰́͢ͅe̞͖̱͙͈̘̬͇̳̲͖̥̖̔͗ͫ́̓̆ͧ͆͗̈̍ͪ̾ͩ́̋͞͡d̨̩͉͇̗͕̻̙̻̰̗̆̂̐ͤ̎̐͋̈́ͭ͞͝ ͆ͨ̐ͤ͊̆̓̓̑͐̃̀͏̻̠͉̱̮̘̱ͅm̨̢̛͖͎̱̬̞̭̂ͭ͛̕͞e̴̶͇̭͎̫̘̐́͊́̿͘ ̰̤͍̟̰̘̮̤͓̟̐͑̾̃ͦ̿͒ͨ́̕͜ͅf̑́̇̽̅͊̒̎̓́҉̢̣̙͕̤̺̭͔͜͝ḙ̻̩̗̯̰̰͔̹͉̳͎̰͓̫̋̌̈ͧ͂̿͐ͣ͆ͤ̄͂̕͜͠ͅe̢̟̺̟͙̯͕̘͉̪̝̣͆͗̓̒̿̓ͨ́͘͢͟d̷͒͛̍ͭͣ͝͡͏̷̝̣̯͔̗̞͙̪͔̯͎̫ ̧̉͗́ͥ̅̑͛͋͗͗̈́͘͏̮̣̭̹͉̖̹͕̘̮̠̘͚̜̖̱ͅͅm̻̱̘͈̼̭ͪ̂̍ͤ̊̅̀͌͂̒ͭ͑ͮ̽̆̽́e͍̬̖̠͇̓͒͒̉̔̎ͦ͘͢͡͠͞ ̺̝̯̲̲̙̱̟̠̘̞͙̹̐͊ͥͨ̀͡f̸̡͎̦͔̰̖̭͖̙̪̲̦̲̣̘͎͛ͪ͊́ë̴̢̨̛̫͇͚͕̹̝̞̜̦̤̻̠̒ͭͭͅȇ̮̦̰̥̜̮̪͔̣̼̲̹̣̙̫͙ͮ̎͛ͬ͌̄ͯ͒͑́̓͐̂ͫ̉͆̽̿̀ḑ̨̝̘̟̺̗̗̭̻̬̠͕͈̤͖͙͖̼͂͒ͨ̆̈ͣͦ̌ͬ̅̓ͨ̈́ͧ͊̈͟ͅͅ ̷̘̬͎̹̫̹̙͉͚̮̬̣̖͕̫͈̏ͩ̿͋̒ͫ̂̉͌̑ͥͩͯ́͛́͟͝ͅm̐̈́̋ͯ̃̀͢͞҉̹͈͍͈̞͇̠ě̢̢̹͖̹̬̯̯̹̗̭͈̏ͨͫ̎͋͒ͥ̎ ͫ̔̌ͥͮ͛ͤ͆̿̈̄̒͏͓̭̺̩̮̤͕̠͖̰̟̭̟f̷̧̺̜̬̳̲̤͓̘̣̿͑̂̓͋e̸̬̥̭̼̜̙͉̥͔͈̖̬̬͖̰̠͐̈́ͨ̅͠ͅͅe̶̢̤̬̥͇͕̖̟̬̩̭ͮ̋̀̋̎̓̏̒̓̂̓̽ͪͭͬͨͥ̎͜͝d̵̙̗̼̪̠̼̹̪͛͐̈́ͩ̃̿ͩ͊͗ͧ̿͘ ̡̭̩̳̭̰̣̳̟̤̦̥ͪ͐ͬͩ͒ͫ̇̿̈ͥ̋͒̿̑ͤ͒̋ͥ͠͞ͅm͍͎͔͍̞̳̻̜̣̅ͦ̒ͭ͐ͪ̑̎̋̊ͥ̓͒̀̀ͅe̵̸̟̜̩̭̮̣̘̯̲̝͆ͥ͐͐̿̄ͣ̃͡͝ ̉̓͆͊̽̎̄̇ͨ̇ͮ͂͐̒͏̠͖̣̯͍̖f̡̢̣͉̜̜̜͙͖̹̥̪͓̦̘̣͕̒ͭ͗͌̆͒̿̇͗̏̐̔̃̕͜͡ͅe̿̾ͧ̿ͯͯͤ̾̄͏̹̯̙͍̲͉͟ͅe̽ͧ͆̉ͤ͛̑̅͒͏̬̖̪̥̹̲̮͖͍̻͎̫̳͉̜͟ͅd̛̩̹̫͈̳̤̘̤̝̙̙̟̯̟̥̲͈̟͇̂ͣ͂ͥ͒́̀͗̆ͨ̊̆̆ͩ̍͞ ̊ͭͦ̒̎̈́́͋̿̂͋͋͑ͨ̔ͧ̚҉̛̮̙̲̙̝̀m̓̊ͤ̿͞҉͓͉̱̯͖̼̤͔͓̬̣̺͇̺͖͉̼e͂ͪ͐͆́̒ͧ̅̒͑͆͋̚҉̵̞̳̤̙̩͍̻̞͇͚ͅͅ ̷̛̛͍͕̝̥̱̹̖͚͋ͣ̐͢
I had originally thought of giving you max HP and ammo upgrades, but it was hard to balance (too much ammo made it too easy, and lowering it made it frustrating). You originally had 10 HP but you could just tank hits until the cake arrived.
Just a quick PSA, as some people seem confused about controls:
This is mouse enabled, you should be able to aim and fire with the mouse (and it makes the game much easier than using 8-directional twin-stick).
If you prefer moving with the arrow keys rather than ESDF, you can switch to the Left-Handed control scheme in the options, or the pause menu.