Hello! Thank you so much for the comment, and we're super sorry for the late reply! The notification email from Itch.io was buried by other emails in our account so we didn't notice it at all until I logged on here to update the game information.
Anyways, we're really glad to hear you enjoyed the demo so far! Thank you very much for pointing out the typos — we've fixed the embarrassing mistakes in the script now. :)
As the writer, I'm very happy that you liked the characters! I put a lot of effort into crafting the side characters because I think side characters with depth are important to the story, so it's great that at least one player likes the side characters! Rosalind is one of my favorite characters as well — and she's definitely not an airhead at all ;) You'll find out more about her in August's route primarily.
Elvira is certainly a fun character to write as well! It was kind of a struggle at first to convey her coldness and sheer emotional insensitivity because I've never written a main character like that before, so I'm glad to hear it was portrayed well enough that players picked up on it. And yes, the artist really did a great job on her design!
Your comment about there not being enough Charlotte in the demo is a fair point. The reason Charlotte has less screen time compared to the other love interests in the demo is that Elvira is kinda expected to spend the initial couple weeks getting used to being a lady and investigating the nobles, particularly Julius whom the marquess suspects the most, so she is more preoccupied with other suspects for the time being and doesn't have enough opportunities to run off to the orphanage, especially since Seth believes Boss that Charlotte knows nothing and would disagree with Elvira's choice, thinking it's a waste of time. Still, I think you have a good point regarding there not being enough Charlotte in the demo, which isn't fair to her or GxG fans, so I'll go back to the common route later on to see if I can include more Charlotte appearances, or at the very least, make the orphanage scene longer! Regarding whether Charlotte knew Elvira when they were kids... you'll find out the answer in the full route! ;) Don't want to spoil anything at this point.
August definitely had interesting friendships with Lydia and Julius! It'll be revealed in both August and Julius's routes why this pair of friends fell out, and you may even get to help them mend their friendship through certain choices! ;) And yes, I love writing August and Rosalind's sibling relationship!
Oh yeah, Seth definitely has... issues, but who wouldn't after the kind of life and childhood he's led? Boss is definitely a handful for sure, though I'd like to think she has a lot of depth to her and she isn't purely the bad guy one might consider her to be. I can reveal that Boss will play an important role in Seth's route — one of the themes of his route is dealing with the effects of abuse and his relationship with his motherly figure, Boss. So let's just say his blind loyalty to Boss will be dealt with in his route. So... play his route, because he needs your (Elvira's) guidance and help to grow and learn to deal with Boss!
Aw, although you like Julius least, I'm glad you still like him! I don't want to reveal right now whether Julius was in love with Lydia because that's spoilers, but I'd like to clarify that Julius has never seen and will never see Elvira as as replacement for Lydia, because since the very first minute he laid eyes on Elvira and realized who she is, in his mind, Elvira and Lydia are two very different people, no matter how much they look alike. His relationship with Lydia, as well as any awkwardness Elvira might feel about being with him considering she looks so much like his ex-fiancee, will be dealt with in his route, so I hope you give him a chance anyway! :)
Regarding your questions about Gertrude:
- She's definitely capable of fighting and doing missions! She's probably even better than Elvira at hand-to-hand combat, but she doesn't really go out on missions anymore since handling the running of the organization takes up most of her time, and she has retired into more of just a leader position and uses her connections to get jobs for the members. She still has a fearsome reputation on the streets though for all the successful missions and assassinations she's pulled off like eight years ago.
- She never reveals her exact age to anyone, but I can say that she's in her early thirties.
- Her hair is styled that way both just because it looks intimidating and because she was injured on that side of her face before, which left bad scars, so she tries to hide them with her hair.
- If you ask her what hair products she uses, she'll just say none, her hair is naturally fabulous because of her amazing genes ;)
As for your questions about Lydia:
- I can't reveal too much about her involvement or degree of fault in her own death, because it'd spoil the mystery, but let's just say she certainly had some role to play.
- Her honesty... Ha, another hard question to answer without giving away too much. Let's just say she's very used to putting up the right kind of mask around the right kind of people, as you probably have seen in the demo already, so she's... honest without being honest. You'll get to understand different aspects of her character more in each route as Elvira's investigation gets deeper and more of the mystery is revealed.
Questions about the game:
- Regarding how much time the story spans over in game, it definitely varies from route to route, and it's also not specifically stated exactly like which month it started and which month it is at the end of the route. But roughly, each route should be around a few months to half a year, and then there's a time skip of another few months / a year before the ending (epilogue) at the very end.
- Again, this isn't really stated in the game, so it's just bonus info that'll be in the artbook / behind-the-scenes book, but here are the ages for the main characters:
- Elvira: 18 (according to herself, but she can't really remember her birth year, so it's entirely possible it's wrong!)
- Julius: 21
- Seth: 18 (rough estimate according to Boss when she took him in when he was just a baby)
- August: 20
- Charlotte: 21
Thank you very much for the compliments on the writing and art! We're glad to hear you like them :)
Again, thank you for taking the time to write a comment to let us know your thoughts! We'll continue working hard on the game and try to bring it to you guys as soon as possible! :)