you can make self contained farm plots (with sprinklers and so on) thatre basically the same as smelters or have someone else actually in charge of the farming but you can supply seeds and help out etc
Recent community posts
On the topic of trees if ya can't grow them will ya be able to replant them? giving them a life span and maybe having them regrow after dying is an option too. Having the dropped fruits becoming new trees would be too hard to program i reckon.
Also will there be consumable batteries for the suit like you have water bottles and oxygen?
I shoulda added this to the post as well however it'd be nice if there was a clearer difference between the ore n the scrap to show you cant pick up ore with your bare paws. Maybe some cracks in the ground to make it look buried as a hint you need the shovel.
Cat aesthetic things
- An on screen mouse arrow to show you where your base and beacons are located without having to open your map every 5 seconds
- 'Prowler' instead of Rover that might either follow paths or wander around collection resources.
- Alternatively have a 'rover' attached to a leash that could gather resources in range.
- More cat ears and balls of yarn here n there would be an option
- Paw prints instead of foot prints
- Instead of a work bench have some blue prints n stuff on the floor of a hallway module. Maybe some yarn too
- A cat bed to pass the night or just fast forward time. Cat toys could have the same effect
- Go full ball with the modular aesthetic and make batteries and work benches look like they attach to the walk ways as well
- Dynamic storage either allowing you to leave excess ore inside your smelter or allowing you to pull it straight from attached storage modules
- Have the space ship work as a super limited work bench that's only let you make a proper work bench and maybe a meal
- Eating without having to click on the food in your inventory. This one might pose some difficulty w/ how the game works however if you make one of the items in your inventory 'bare hands' or 'paws' you can have it so they only activate doors n junk when a tool of some kind, be it their hands or a shovel, is selected.
- Alternatively there can be a separate inventory for consumables that can be clicked on or have a button mapped to them.
- this would also resolve the confusion with oxygen tanks and water bottles being consumable only items and not working with the water tank for example.
- Mission tutorials such as "fill water tank w/ ice and produce 3 plants" to explain how things work
- Other plants grow-able in green houses or new green houses for roots and trees. I assume its already in progress tho