Wow, we actually did make the same game. One of the microgames even overlaps. Neat. I didn't manage to do the Police State one in time once.
Recent community posts
After playing this a bunch more I just realised this has a lot of qualities of solitaire. It's short, card-based, and somewhat based on the luck of the way the cards were dealt. Really enjoy it.
Thanks. That's a cool idea. I was thinking separate pieces like pawns that work for you, but your idea of upgrading the piece you're playing with is even better. Other enemy pieces could come in very rarely to up the challenge for when you survived for a long time.
Finally got around to completing a simple proof of concept of my idea of combining chess and classic puzzle games like tetris/puyo puyo.
There is still a lot to do:
- Points/Combo System
- Random enemy piece configuration (right now I jus placed a bunch of them manually
- Upgrade art from programmer art
- Refine enemy behaviour
- Should there be other enemy pieces and how should they behave?
- Should enemy pieces be able to take you?
- Powerups? (Bombs with AoE, extra pieces to attack with)
I had an idea for something I wanted to make but your list of abstract properties of chess made me rethink that. What I have is just based on the very basic ruleset of chess.
But maybe I can incorporate them into my existing idea? Thanks for the thoughts.