Aaand added! From what I can tell your translation is great. Thanks again!
Recent community posts
Sure! I'm flattered you would offer! Sorry for not getting back sooner, I haven't been doing much game dev lately, so I don't check my messages very often.
Anyway, I have updated the download section with the project files, which should make your life easier. Send me the translation when you're finished and I'll add it to the page.
Wow love the atmosphere and graphics! The droning music is super atmospheric (running out of words here, your game is immersive is what I'm saying). Kinda reminds me of King's Field meets Sentinel Returns.
Wdym? I wrote this walkthrough while playing through the game again, so I'm 99% sure it works.
Or do you mean, how would you get the answer without reading this walkthrough? You need to read the signs next to the buildings and talk to all the NPCs for clues. More specifically (based on what the NPCs say):
1. Terrance hates fruit. (the signs next to each row of buildings are named after fruit, except the one on the top row)
2. Terrance used to be into eastern media, but he's recently into western media. (this gives you 2 locations/directions east and west or left and right.)
3. Terrance would move his office, but not the building he's in. (he's used to be into eastern media, so he's in the eastern-most building)
4. Terrance moved his office recently. (he's now into western media, so his office was moved to the western side of the building)
5. Terrance is obsessed with the number 14. (this is how many times you need to go left in said building)
6. When exploring buildings, it feels like you're travelling through the same room over and over, but you aren't. (just keep going even if it looks like you're not getting anywhere. I added this as a way to discourage brute-forcing the puzzle. Maybe a bit mean on my part)
Thanks for trying my game btw, sorry if this message came across as a bit stern. Just wanted to be thorough.
Ahhh, Ioved this! I had trouble opening doors sometimes (I think if you're too close it wont work?), but otherwise it was a smooth experience. The atmosphere and graphics are spot on! I actually got really early Dreamcast vibes from the beginning. Like Tomato convenient store at 3am lol. Kinda want a legit supermarket sim with these graphics... Anyway, great job!
Yeah, I agree that puzzle mode should have an end point. I'm planning on an update that just plays each customer in order and then is like "good job, now go play challenge mode". The music was by the legendary Kevin MacLeod. I was looking for a track that was down-tempo and whimsical and luckily he has a whole collection of lounge music lol.
Anyway, I'm really glad you enjoyed it!
Nice concept for a game! Like others have said, getting letters to connect horizontally doens't work very well. Also I kept getting way too many consonants so I couldn't write anything! Sort out the connections and the letter distribution and you've got a great game!
I'll take that as a compliment lol. I was going to make the tutorial more interactive, but I didn't have the time. People understanding my game was a big worry, so I'm glad you managed to figure it out anyway. Thanks for playing :D