I hope so! ^^
Recent community posts
If I just run "show_debug_message(layer_tilemap_get_id("Tiles_1"));" in the step event of an object it outputs an ID "4" at first and after the reload it switches to -1. But if I enumrate through all layer elements with layer_get_all_elements for Tiles_1 it tells me there is still a tile layer.
I have the following setup:
- Room reloading is setup as per manual, and is working. If I paint tiles, it reflects in the running game without any issues.
- I created a function "create_collisions" which creates obj_collision instances for each solid tile.
- The function gets called in the create event of obj_make_collision
- I have placed one instance in the actual room and it does it's job without issues when I launch the game.
- After a few seconds the room reloads (even if I didn't make any changes) and all solid instances disappear.
- I tried to fix the problem by calling the function also in the room start event, but it didn't work.
- To further investigate, I put the function call into the Begin Step event, but it would not create any collision objects.
- I investigated further using show_debug_message and found the following:
- After reloading layer_get_id gives back a different value.
- layer_tilemap_get_id switches to giving back -1 upon the refresh, which means after reload I cannot get access to the the tilemap data anymore.
Here's my function for reference:
var _layer = layer_get_id("Tiles_1");
var _tileLayer = layer_tilemap_get_id(_layer);
var wt = tilemap_get_width(_tileLayer);
var ht = tilemap_get_height(_tileLayer);
for(var i = 0; i < wt; i++)
for(var j = 0; j < ht; j++)
var tile = tilemap_get(_tileLayer, i, j);
if(tile == 1)
instance_create_layer(i*32, j*32, "Instances", obj_collision);
I'd be happy to send a small test project.
Hi! Thank you for playing and the kind words! ^-^
The interact with downed enemies was supposed to be a feature, that's the reason defeated enemies stay around. Unfortunately Patreon doesn't allow this anymore, so we had to cut it. :c
Hi Foxas! This is not a complete game yet, still in active development! ^^ If you are stuck, try pressing TAB to see the map. It will show you areas you haven't yet explored. Hope that helps! If you need more guidance you can also join our Discord! We have a tips channel and lots of helpful members. :3
Follow the path outside the village, he is pretty close around to where enemies appear first once you leave the village (like within 1-2 screens from there). ^^ Use the minimap to see if you've explored the area fully.