Screenshots look good! And do what you need to do to take care of yourself.
Recent community posts
ooh I really like what I’m seeing here.
is there gonna be a hi res / wallpaper art pack made easily available once things are all wrapped up? I do really like your bg work. (Also incubus sex scene is lookin preeeety sexy)
dude, I went into this going, okay, what's the gimmick here, what's the message... and I'm still pleasantly surprised at how well this works. It's the game of life cynicism reduced to a slot machine. I like it.
it would kinda mess with the roguelite nature, wouldn't it?
there *is* always the option of breaking out into 'easy' mode and 'permadeath' mode, and offering exclusive content for the latter...
and hey, re: point 1, if you wanna look past it as 'just' an aesthetic consideration - if the palette swaps also have altered stats, it'd definitely introduce more strategic variety to gameplay. 4 'default' kobolds would be a different encounter than 2 normal and one fast, or two slow strong kobolds - maybe they'd lead to the same looking rape scene, but the sequence of events that gets you there (or gets you out of there) would be different.
I like the re-colored sprites for variety idea - the red guys have twice as much HP, or move 15% faster, etc - particularly if the cutscenes were colored to match, or even included alternate 'rare' animations
- you can hit enemies through walls sometimes - if you're standing flush with the left edge, and they're up against the right edge of some block formations, for instance, the tip of your sword just reaches them through the obstacle. I'm not sure what a 'fair' way would be to handle this, but - it's there.
- I got stuck / frozen in the factory level - I was attacked at the edge of the screen, trying to press 'e' to stand up, but immediately afterwards hit it again to slash dash onto the next screen - then I immediately ran back, and was stuck in place, while enemies attacked at me, although they just went through me, no damage. Also my sword was offset from my body - screenshot:
alright I actually sat down to spend some quality time with this after the latest build, and I have a few notes -
- the size difference between the enemy sprites on the field vs the animations in the cutscenes don't bother me generally... except for the bunny. it looks so big and beefy, and then it's like 1/3 your height when it fucks you. Maybe if the sprite was just scaled down a bit? seems nitpicky.
- If you stagger + rape an enemy, consider leaving them in their 'spent' mode, the same way a rape room works? leaving temporarily pacified enemies around as a hazard that you try to avoid hitting might add an additional interesting positional challenge.
- I've noticed a few times where enemies are slightly obscured by the environment - what if you leaned into that effect a bit? Make some pillars, or taller piles of rubble or whatever, that partially obscure what's behind them - allow for the possibility that a room looks empty, but an enemy might be lurking somewhere? It'd be a bit unfair if they were altogether hidden, but maybe it'd just be something you'd have to look carefully for?
- A way to see a zoomed-out, overall map view (possibly as a semi-transparent overlay, you could toggle on and off?)
- Consider implementing a negative consequence for losing to an ambush - it already heals you, which means you can purposefully lose to regain health, but maybe it should dock you an XP or two?
- A minimap indicator for rooms where you've left enemies alive
- the option to dump your XP into healing (1HP per XP?) would be nice, if you prefer survivability to skills, or just didn't bank enough XP that floor to level
- What's the point of continuing to explore a dungeon if you have full health, full XP, have beat the boss if present, and know where the ladder is? Unless there's a chance of some sort of additional reward, you're kind of encouraged to just skip through to the ladder at that point... which isn't terrible, but it does present an opportunity to offer a reward for overachievers / completionists. Maybe a temporary boost (an extra max health point?) if you either fully explore or wipe the dungeon clean of monsters?
- I still feel like E is getting a little overloaded - any thoughts about splitting its functions up amongst other buttons? 'confirm' makes sense, 'initiate sex' and 'stand up' both make sense, but having it be 'use skill' too makes it really easy to mix up. (that said, don't think I don't appreciate the dedication to one-handed controls. ;] )